Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are we all? Symptom swap!

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd check in and see how we are all doing?

I am 5+5 today and my symptoms are minor:

- Achey tummy pains since 5 wks, easing a little now

- Underlying nausea, but not too bad at all (marmite on toast or salt and vinegar crips keeping it at bay)

- 'craving' beef and orange juice - thankfully not together!

- Peeing, peeing and peeing again!

- Waking in the early hours

- Waves of tiredness

Apart from that - so far so good!

What symptoms etc to you guys have/how are you feeling?

CeeLou xx

Replies

• Options
    I'm 4+4 today, I am exhausted all the time, probably more to do with my DS into everything.

I've had mild cramps on and off but they have definitely eased off in the last day.

I did a CBD yesterday and got 3+, I'm 100% sure of my dates so s/he must be a super strong bean!

I have lost my appetite too, probably eating half of what I was.

xx
  • Options
    It's strange how it effects us all differently, yet all is 'normal' :?
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

My sore boobs have left me and I now only have sensitive nipples! Hoping this is ok. I'm peeing a lot, have waves of nausea (which almost led to vomiting last night after my lovely husband dropped a smelly one), waking up very early and cramping from time to time. Don't know if I have less symptoms now or I am just getting used to them! Praying everything is good. Hope you are all well.

Nic xx
  • Options
    Good morning (?!) all,

I'm feeling pretty awful this morning. Not sure if this is pregnancy symptoms, or I'm just ill, though.

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and nausea has been getting steadily worse. Eating used to ease it off for a while, but now it does nothing. I have completely gone off anything sweet, chocolates, biscuits, cakes. I can't even look at them and I'm really tired. To the point of just wanting to go straight to bed when I get home. That could be to do with DH (not very "D" at the mo!) asking me to take him to work at 5.50am the last 3 mornings!

I've been forcing myself to go to work, as I thought it was all pregnancy symptoms, but I could be ill? What do you guys think?

Also, I work as a Vet Nurse, so I am really really tempted to use the ultrasound scanner at work. Its not as powerful as a human one, but how amazing would that be? But a bit naughty!!

Sorry for the mammoth posting!

Windy x
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you have classic pregnancy symptoms! I am queasy but food is staving it off (sounds like I have wise days to come as I am 6wks tomorrow!) The tiredness sounds like pregnancy too - although mine has eased off but I am off work for Xmas so maybe that I am getting more sleep!

At 7 weeks you might not see much on the ultrasound but I'd definitely be tempted to try!

Have a fab Christmas!

CeeLou xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Yuck! is how I feel. I have nausea all day, I can't eat any veg, I can't cook, raw meat makes me gag and I can't even think about bread.. What's that all about? I think it is worse than my previous pregnancy which is a surprise. I used to work and commute 2 hours each way and wouldn't get home til 10pm. I now don't work and can rest when my little one has her afternoon nap. I'm exhausted too.

I had some reflexology for the morning sickness and it really helped for a few days but it's coming back. Having another session Tuesday.

Oh well, it's just a stage and hopefully it will get better at 12 weeks.

Merry Christmas everyone image
  • Options
    I feel sick as a butcher's dog :cry: I'm knakered to the point of exhaustion. If I don't sleep every afternoon I feel like I'm going to pass out or be sick. Speaking of shaking hands with the toilet, I had that pleasure in Tescos yesterday... nice! Still have the aching pelvis and backache like period about to start. I ate crumpets toasted with lashings of butter, marmite, grated cheese accompanied by chocolate raisins, this morning. I'm thinking I might have 2 in there my belly is bloated and round and I'm only meant to be 6 +2... mum says I'm just overweight lol
  • Options
    I am dreading Christmas lunch! Although I did start feeling better at around 11am this morning (up at 5.50am, though!), I thought I was going to puke in the aisle in Sainsbury's!

I'm also stupidly emotional about Christmas, especially anything with families. Really hoping that our next Christmas will be extra-special!

Happy Christmas everyone xx
  • Options
    Know how you feel Windy! I was gagging in the bread aisle in tesco and had to cover the loaf with a scarf! I'm sticking to on line from now on. don't think I'll be enjoying lunch tomorrow, am hoping I'll manage the roast potatoes.

Next Xmas will be brilliant for you! Just stay positive.

Got very emotional getting in my car today, just thinking about Christmas time and everyone celebrating it. These hormones!