Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Symptoms come and go?

This is partly paranoia and partly curiosity: Does anyone else have symptoms that come and go?

Up until 48 hours ago my boobs were hard and fit to burst, soooo painful that walking up and down stairs I had to hold them. Now they are still painful but not as much, and no longer hard.

My back and stomach discomfort comes and goes and appears in new places, one minute it's in the middle, then it's in my hips. So strange.

Yesterday I threw up my breakfast, today I just feel queasy.

Anyone else? I am worried this means my hormone levels are falling, but is it just normal for early pregnancy?

PP XXX

Replies

• Hi Pozee, I have the same. Some days my boobs really hurt and others they are just a bit tender. My nausea is worse when I'm tired or hungry. It died down a lot last week after reflexology but then back with a vengeance yesterday. I think it is normal. X
  • Thank you soooo much for responding and so quickly! I just wanted to check a) it was normal and b) I wasn't losing my mind.

I began going off my food yesterday after a couple of weeks of EXTREME hunger (I could have eaten the contents of the fridge all by myself, no problem and then started on the freezer). My fave food has been buttery marmite toast, couldn't even look at it this morning. So sad.

xxx
  • G/C but wanted to say that your sense of taste & smell may alter with your changing hormones meaning you may love food one minute but loathe it the next, you may also find the simplest odours suddenly unbearable. As for shifting 'pains' it can all be down to stretching ligaments as your uterus grows & moves as well as how baby is laying at the time (you'll be surprised how much they can move in there).
  • Hi Pozzee, I am exactly the same as you - symptoms come and go, move, get better, worse change completely! I had a chat to my sister who has a 13 month DS - she described it as 'good days and bad days' I must say I have adopted that mantra!

Keeping everything crossed for you

CeeLou xx
  • Thanks everyone! It was the sudden change in my boobs that shocked me the most - their constant pain has been the background to the last 2 and half weeks. When it decreased and they were actually bearable again I panicked.

I find that I am sickest before breakfast and dinner. Lots of dry retching this morning as I was preparing brekkie - ooooh the glamour!

Feeling much calmer now, thank you ladies!

xxxx