Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling very real!

This is all feeling a bit real now! I have just had a letter through from the hospital with my first apt with the midwife - although it appears to be a consultant lead team? Not sure if this is usual/normal or as a result of a previous MC? Also it is on a Saturday! Mighty impressed!!!

Also in the pack was the date for our 12 week scan - 6th February... it cannot come soon enough!!! I have already threatened DH that I may cave and have a private scan early January... wait and see I might just hold out.

Have you guys had your scan dates etc through? I am not sure whether to laugh or cry!!!

CeeLou xx

Replies

• Hey Ceelou -

How exciting!

I am still afraid to be excited about everything, like I might jinx it. At Mr P's request I booked my midwife appointment in the New Year and a private early scan for 14th Jan (should be 7 +5) by then. Am so scared that now I have booked everything it will all go wrong, but I am very excited, especially about the early scan. It makes it all seem very real and very scary, like I have more to lose.

Mr P has thrown himself into it, he's got an App on his phone with day by day updates and he puts all my appointments in it. Wish I could have his faith.

Am so excited about all your news - how did you get this pack? Maybe I will know more after I see the midwife.

Loads of love,

PP X
  • Hi Pozzee,

I too share your hesitation, I know exactly what you mean about doing things to make it feel real but then, in turn, fear jinxing it.

I saw the GP the week before Christmas and they took all my details, arranged for the pregnancy exemption certificate (for prescriptions etc) and referred me to my hospital of choice for midwife care (we sit right between 2 catchments so I had to choose!) It was that appointment that set the ball rolling for half a tree to land on my mat today! (there is so much paperwork!)

Your private scan is the same day as my midwife/consultant appointment! I will be 8+6 that day. If I cave for a private scan it will likely be that week as from 7+ you are pretty much certain to see a heartbeat (fingers crossed that all is well)

Pop and see your GP - they should be able to get things moving for you and offer some reassurance - the first GP scared the hell out of me but she insisted I was to see the antenatal GP (another reason she scared me!) and then the antenatal GP was AmAzInG and calmed alot of my fears.

This is all so scary!

CeeLou xx
  • Hi Ladies

Ceelou didn't you have a mw dept at your surgery? It's interesting that you've got Consultant as well... However, can't knock it image good to know you're in the hands of the best and going to be looked after. I'm jealous that you've got your scan date already image I received my exemption cert today but tbh I have been getting the prescriptions free already I just told the pharmacy that I was waiting for it to arrive LOL.

PP keep the faith image Mr P seems highly organised... wish my hubby was, I have a brain like mush at the moment.

We should do a thread with scan dates and EDD according to the sonographer image

I keep having a dream that I'm having more than one baby, which is ridiculous as neither of our families have had multi births... think I'm getting paranoia LOL xx
  • Wow Ceelou, your hospital are very organised! Great that you've got a scan date through already!

I registered my pregnancy with GP today, filled out my maternity exemption certificate and chose the hospital I'd like to go to.

Mw will contact me between 8-10 weeks, seems so long away!

Pozzee_Pod, I've got my 7 week scan on 14th January when I should also be 7+5!

Although I have a DS I did have a mc early last year so am paranoid about cramps, no cramps, you name it I panic!

xx
  • Ooh how exciting ceelou!! I'm sure you'll be laughing AND crying :lol:
  • That's fantastic news, Ceelou, how very exciting! I keep checking the post expectantly every day, hoping for something! I'm finding it's feeling less real as time goes by image Apart from constant peeing, slightly tender boobs and cramps, I don't have many symptoms and I'm just praying everything is ok. I think we have free prescriptions in Scotland, so won't need an exception certificate.

Pozzee, good luck with your early scan image

Nic xx
  • Very exciting Ceelou! I've got my mw appt on the 9th and scan on 24th jan. I'll be seen initially at the mw led hospital for booking in, then at our GP surgery with the community mw. Baby will be born at a consultant led hospital though as I had an emergency c section with my first.

I think early scans are brilliant if you've had a mc, I don't know why they don't offer them to all mums who have had one. I would imagine its cost but there are more important things than money!
  • Hi ladies,

Post came and I got my scan date! 2nd February! By my calculations, I'll be 11 weeks and 6 days. There is no appointment before that, seems everything is done then (the letter said the appointment can last up to 2 hours). It also said I should contact my GP for flu vaccinations, so I'll phone and get that done next week.

The letter said that Glasgow health authority don't do nuchal scanning, but a blood test for Downs is carried out between 15-20 weeks. I don't know whether to look into having this done privately.

So many questions!

Nic xx

P.S. Happy Hogmanay to you all!
  • It's so exciting to see all our apt and scan dates come through image

We (ok I!) have decided to have a scan next week or the week after. I am 7 weeks tomorrow and just need the reassurance that everything is going ok in there. It will have to be a private scan but for ??100 I think it's worth it to keep me sane!

I am so excited for us all image wishing you all a happy new year 2012 is going to be pretty amazing for all of us image

CeeLou xx