Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had to do it!

Hi girls,

Well, i finally succumbed and bought some maternity jeans at lunch time! Finally busting out of my old ones and no amount of hairbands or bump band combination were comfortable anymore!! The ones i've got are really comfy and recommend anyone on the cusp of busting out of their jeans or having to undo them halfway through the day to treat yourself and get some that fit. i got skinny jeans from New look, only ??15.99 so a bargain and sooooooo much better! xx

Replies

• hahaha love the hairband trick!!! x
  • I've put my skinny jeans away and am already living in leggins... I look more like 14/15 wks pg than 7 image
  • Ooo hadn't thought of New Look! My best friend has been away for a month on hols and now she's back we are planning a shopping trip - by next weekend I will be joining you in the maternity jeans!! Soooo cross I can't wear my own still!
  • I tried to buy some mat clothes today to know avail! We live in small-ish town, but has a Next, New Look etc - none of them had a mat section - even M&S! Nothing in the sales in a bigger size fitted properly and Mothercare was closed! Will try again next weekend, so will have to look through wardrobe and see what still fits for work!!! :roll:

LL
  • Where can i get bump bands? desperately need some... all my jeans too small now!!

Also... i wear dresses alot to work and my tights are starting to feel small around my waist... wonder if theres such thing as maternity tights!?

should i have a bump already at 10.5 weeks? im gonna huge by August!! :cry:
  • Flamingobabyuk- you should be able to get bump bands from mothercare. I think it comes with 2 in the pack, one black and one white. I swear by them. I also wore them a lot towards the end of my last pregnancy under dresses as I felt it supported my bump.

I bought maternity tights from debenhams. They are soooo comfy!

• Yep maternity tight are great - they do them in Mothercare and Topshop too. A good place for reasonably priced stuff is Peacocks, they have quite a good selection for work and casual stuff
  • I'm hoping I don't get too big before I'm 12 weeks as I've currently lent all my mat clothes to a friend. It'll look a bit suspect if I suddenly ask for them back! :lol:

I bought a lot of baggy oversized cheapo tops from Primark last time. I'm normally a size 12 but was buying tops in a 14/16. Sometimes the maternity clothes are a touch on the pricey side and considering we're going to be ever-increasing in size over the summer months it's a great place to buy really cheap tops/t shirts. x
  • I gave in, and went to Mothercare for mat stuff today, as well as bigger, longer tops from Matalan and new bras! I 'm pleased with my purchases, although the mat jeans seem to fall down,and I have spent a lot of time pulling them up! Has anybody else found this? Obviously can't wear a belt with them! Any advice?

LL image
  • I've been in my maternity jeans since the weekend...soooooo much more comfy!! Was quite excited getting all excited getting everything out again. I swear my maternity wardrobe is nicer than my normal wardrobe!!! :lol:

SF xxx