Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Morning sickness and toddler

Hows everyone coping? I have a 15 month old, and currently have really bad morning sickness. Ugh! I currently stay home and DH works 12 hour shifts and no family in area AND we are in the process of moving. Eek. Anyone else getting sick or sick with another LO at home? How are ou managing?

Replies

• Hi Eliza, I'm in the same boat... I have a 15 month old also and suffering horrendously with morning sickness ALL DAY! I only had a bit of nausea last pregnancy and just in the evening, but this time it's all day long and I am been vomitting also. Yuk!

My DH also works long hours and I have recently gone back to work 4 days per week so I am really struggling at the moment. I honestly just want to curl up in bed until I am 13 weeks or so! My DS has started waking a couple of times in the night also which has made me an even bigger zombie. My DH has been supportive but thinks a positive attitude will get me through it?!?!? Are you kidding!!! I felt like shouting 'you genius! If only all the other pregnant woman in the world knew that, then we would all be feeling fab!'

I suppose we have no choice but to get through it. If I have bouts of feeling 'normal' then I just cook up extra meals or do some washing.

I sympathise with you hun, hope you feel better soon x
  • Me too! I have a 2 1/2 year old and vomit most mornings and feel sick all day. She has just started preschool for 2 mornings a week so at least that helps. But I am really struggling to cook. I managed a pasta dish last night which is the most I have done in weeks! I don't have any family to help out either and although my hubby works from home, he is working and works 9-6.

Am just hoping that it eases off soon, it went on til 18 weeks with my daughter. I'm having reflexology for it which seems to help a bit.

Roll on second trimester!!

PS Oscarsmummy, I really laughed at your comment about your hubby! They just don't understand at all. My husband wouldn't even get out of bed if he was doing this. :lol:
  • G/C but was there this time last year. I was caught out as had no symptoms at all with DD1 but DD2 saw me with constant light bleeding throughout my 1st trimester & having sickness/headaches/nosebleeds. DD1 was an angel giving mummy lots of hugs (though this became an issue as mummy got bigger & she became more aware of 'something going to change'). ICE will help, it tops up hydration levels as well as keeping hunger at bay.
  • Oh you poor ladies! I have a 13 month old and occasionally feel nauseous but haven't actually been sick so I've no idea how you are coping with it. I think that the tiredness makes me feel worse.

I hope it passes soon for you x
  • Hey Eliza!! I think I still have a lot to come which I'm not looking forward to. I'm super nauseous ALL day but not been sick - although changing LO's nappy has been quite challenging at times. I had a little gag outside today after changing him. :lol:

I hope the move goes well hun and you don't suffer too much. image

KM xx
  • I hope you all feel better soon! Well, I guess we know we will. I actually forgot about this part by the end of my last pregnancy.

Oscarsmommy: it sounds like we are in very similar situations! Too funny about the positive mindset. I WISH that would work.

Tashua: I know what you mean about cooking. I'm buying a lot more premade stuff than usual. Nothing appeals to me except lemonade.

KazzieM: thanks for the ice tip. I'm going to try that!

Thanks excitedfor2! Tiredness and stress are not helpful.

Mummy_no_2: Sorry you feel so poorly too.

Thanks KouklaMoo! The nausea is the worst. I know what you mean about the nappy. The sense of smell is nuts.
  • Re: sense of smell. I seem to be having an adverse reaction to the smell of our washing powder - makes me feel really sick! Strange!! :roll: Oh well, DH will have to do all the washing!

LL image