Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012

Bad news at scan - goodbye from me

Well ladies, had my reassurance scan this morning. The baby stopped growing at five weeks - I should be around eight weeks but the yolk sac is only the right size for 4-5 with no signs of an embryo. They did a blood test (I am part of medical study to do with early pregnancy loss) and there is less than 1% chance of this pregnancy continuing. Given the weight of evidence I am sure that this is the end of this particular road for me.

Thank you for all reassurance and messages on my other thread but deep down I knew something didn't feel right.

Mr P and I are going to take a break from TTC as after 4 MCS, with 2 in the last 2 months we just want a break. So we're looking at a blow out holiday somewhere at the moment. I think I am just sick of the emotional rollercoaster and want to be Pozzee Pod for a bit rather than Pozzee Pod TTC.

I am feeling pretty together about the whole thing, which I didn't expect - I think maybe it's because, as I say, deep down I haven't felt 'right' for about ten days now.

Good luck ladies, I would have loved for us to have seen this through together but it just wasn't meant to be.

Take good care of yourselves,

PP X

Replies

• I'm so sorry for you and Mr P. I hope you enjoy some time out and look forward to hearing some good news xxx
  • G/C- I'm so sorry honey, it's not fair that this has happened again. I hope you have a lovely time on your holiday, and in time you feel strong enough to try again for an obviously much-wanted baby xxx
  • Sorry to hear the news pp. I fell pg in Dec just after you but mc last week at 5 weeks - also my second mc in two cycles. I hope you're able to stay positive and wish you luck when you ttc again. In the meantime, enjoy your holiday!
  • I am so sorry for your loss, I was so excited when you announced. You are such a positive and inspiring person that has offered support to us all. Enjoy your quality time with your husband, big hugs to you xx
  • I'm absolutely devastated for you Pozzee! You didn't deserve this at all. I wish you all the very best and think that holiday sounds like a fantastic idea. I really hope you get what you do deserve in the not too distant future. Xxxx
  • Aw Im so sorry to hear your sad news. You take care of yourself and enjoy your time out. Remeber it will happen for you one day I know 3 people who have had 4 plus mc's and gone to have more than one child so it will happen. take care xxxxxx
  • Oh hun, I'm so sorry for your loss. Enjoy your holiday with hubby and just you wait and see, a very special bean will have the privilege of having you as their mummy one day. Stay positive and make sure you take all the time you need. Big hugs! X
  • I'm so so sorry, PP xxxx
  • Oh Pozzee I am so very sorry to hear this. You didn't deserve this image My heart is breaking for you both and I hope you and Mr P are ok.

I hope you manage to book and enjoy a wonderful holiday you definitely deserve it.

Lots of love - I am here if you need to vent.

Hugs

CeeLou xx
  • Oh god! So sorry it has happened again. It is really hard to know what to say in such circumstances but I wish you hope and a happy future xxx
  • So gutted for you. Take care and enjoy your time away

LL xx
  • So incredibly sad for you, PP. This is so undeserved, I'm really upset for you and your husband. A holiday sounds like a great idea. I hope in time you feel ready to try again, I just know you'll make the best mum.

So sorry. All my thoughts and love are with you and Mr PP.

Nic xxxxxx
  • so so so sorry for you pozee and your hubby, I'm so gutted for you! my heart sank when I saw your post.

I hope you have a really good break from The TTC rollercoaster that it is and enjoy life. good luck for the future hun xxxx
  • I am so sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you.

You do not deserve this and I truly wish you all the very best for the future.

I am so sorry xxx
  • I haven't been on for ages so i'm sorry for such a late reply. I just want to say how sorry I am to hear this. Look after yourself Pozzee and also Mr P and I hope to see you on here again soon. Massive (((hugs))) xxx

SF xxx
  • GC from dis. Just wanted to say I'm very sorry to hear this and I really hope things work out for you in the end. And I hope you have a lovely holiday. Sounds like a good idea x