Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm a worry guts! Is it just me?

Hi all,

It feels so weird to be pregnant, when I say weird I mean, unbeleivably amazing that a little person is growing inside me! But I can't help worrying whether everything will be ok...does anyone else feel like this. It's just you don't actually feel anything happening in your tummy, even though i have all the other bits like nausea, going off food, incredible tiredness...

Anyway, what a first post this is! I think my husband's had enough of my..what if...

Hope to hear from you all,

D x

Replies

• G/C as I saw this post on the home page, but no you are not alone! I worried from the day I found out I was pregnant. I would sit there stroking my tummy and willing this tiny poppy seed sized thing to be okay. At 7 weeks I had a stabbing pain in my side and was convinced something was wrong. I went to A&E and they scanned me as they thought I might have been suffering from an ectopic pregnancy. What they found was what the sonographer called 'the biggest pocket of trapped gas I have ever seen!' I just needed to trump!! Then I bought a doppler so I could hear the baby's heartbeat which was fab, but of course the baby moves around so it wasn't always easy to find which would cause me to panic until I found it. Once baby started kicking I thought I would be fine, but all I did was panic when baby didn't kick as much as yesterday! In fact, this one time when I was about 32 weeks I taught a dance class and one of my pupils made a comment about me shaking the baby like a can of coke. A little while later I realised the baby hadn't moved so spent half an hour prodding my tummy, drinking orange juice and eating sweets trying to get baby to kick. When the baby eventually did kick me I cried with relief, and then cried because I was worried that I had hurt the baby by prodding it!! Mental! I couldn't wait to not be pregnant any more so that I could stop worrying. I gave birth to my gorgeous little girl in July and all I can say is I'm still waiting for the worrying to stop! The first few weeks after you give birth your hormones go crazy so be prepared for that. I remember going home with my baby on that first night and being completely fine until we went to bed. I had a pain in my leg and I burst in to tears. My poor hubby asked what was wrong and I told him that I knew the pain in my leg was a blood clot and I was scared I was going to die and leave my little girl without a mummy. I actually said the words 'I have just got everything I could ever want, so its just my luck that I will die!' Of course it was nothing serious, just an ache because I had spent the day before pushing out a person! Hubby did very well not to have me locked up!! Normally I am a very rational person but during pregnancy there are a lot of hormones doing a lot of crazy things to you and my crazy got the better of me on more than a few occasions. Anyway, I hope you have had a good laugh at my crazy, but just know you are perfectly normal to worry. All I would say is, as best you can, try not to. Being pregnant is the most wonderful experience, enjoy it rather than waste it being worried xxx
  • oh thank you, you did make me giggle and you sound exactly what i would be like.

thanks for your honest reply...

d xx
  • oh thank you, you did make me giggle and you sound exactly what i would be like.

thanks for your honest reply...

d xx
  • that me chuckle as well glitter image I hate being pregnant tbh. I hate how physically ill and exhausted I feel and the levels of anxiety and paranoia.... if I had a time machine and could fast forward even to the labour, I would. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful that I can have kids and that they're healthy I just don't like this part.

When I had my last bby, I was in hospital for a wk. The baby was prem and I put him in a moses basket next to my bed and kept the lamp on all night for a cpl of wks. I had to keep waking up to see he was ok. Even with my eldest I would give him a little poke because he slept so soundly... I think that went on for nearly the first year LOLOL.

So you are definately NOT alone xjx
  • Not just you! I worry all the time! From the start when you can't feel anything but ill, when baby kicks, is it kicking enough? Why hasn't it kicked? Is it kicking too much? Labour? Obviously it will all go wrong... Newborn, is she breathing? Is she ill? Has she had enough food? Has she pooed enough? Has she pooed too much.. Now have a toddler, am a lot calmer but can always find something to worry about!

Glitter bug, totally relate! It could be me writing that :lol: . We're all mad together.
  • thsnks guys xcc
  • Glad to see we are all bonkers!

Glitter - I love your post - so funny but all so true!