Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

Routine when weaning help!

Hi girls!

I was just wondering if you would share your routines with me!

Ev is now having 2 meals a day, breakfast and tea and 4 6 OZ bottles but I struggle to fit it all in! Also what time is babies bed time and what is your evening routine?

Becky and Eve

Xxx

Replies

• I'd love an insight too. We have no routine as yet as we are just trying out teh different foods at the moment. Ruby-Rae loves eating and was quite happy to gum textures less liquid than some books etc suggest for first tries. She hasn;t had many different foods yet as am looking out for reactions but has had banana, baby rice, carrot & a banana yoghurt breakfast thing from Hipp.
  • I'll do a rough outline of Noahs routine:

8ish - use some of his bottle to make breakfast then offer him the rest of his milk (he's just started to drink most of it)

12 - offer 8oz bottle but at the minute he is refusing it.

1 - use left over milk to make lunch or give him a fruit puree if he drank plenty of milk

4 - offer another 8oz bottle

5 - a veg puree and fromage frais

7 - 8oz bottle and bed

Noah loves his food image Not sure how much longer I should keep offering him 4 bottles because he normally only drinks most of 3 and leaves most of the other. I think if I take any away it will be the lunch time one.

I worry I'm over feeding him and then I worry he's not getting enough milk!

Taking him to be weighed in a bit so that should be a good test to see how he is doing!

Just go with your child, they will let you know what they want image
  • Hiya,

At the moment we take it as it comes but we do aim for two meals a day.

It depends on what we have on. If we have baby signing in the morning i just give izzy milk but make sure we get home for dinner but we are always home to tea. If i go to baby signing and need to pop to the supermarket after which cuts into her dinner i will take in a travel dish some puree apple or pear (fresh and not jars i must add hehe) which she can have cold. I either give it to her in the car or pop to a cafe. I do try to go home though to feed her.

I cant really give a structure of times because i sort of BF on demand still.Im really trying hard to get her to have formula but she does not want it.

xxx
  • Ive just started an mine is:

What ever time he gets uo 5am-7am bottle,

10am bottle with a rusk for breakfast,

1pm bottle and some dinner

4-5 dinner and bottle

an then half 6 he has night time bottle an goes to bed image

Everypones differet an ull find ur own rutine there are no rights an wrongs with this you know ur baby better then anyone an your the parent so you do what feels right x