Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

FAO Faithie

We havent heard from you for a while so i was just wondering if you are you ok?

xxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hello!

I've never had a fao of before. I feel all special! I'm grand. Just getting back into the swing of things after christmas. For some reason I haven't got back in the same habit of coming on here since the site was closed for a while.

Me and Jason are getting on so much better since I started weaning him. He has a clock work routine and naps so well. I find it so much easier to cope with and he is 100% happier. He is coming on leaps and bounds and has much more energy when he is awake because he has some grub in his tummy.

I feel so much more like my old self although I would like some more sleep. But wouldn't we all lol!

How are you and the wee one?
  • Glad things are going well! How are things with your husband now hun? x
  • Haha that made me chuckle. Well your very much part of the August mummy's. You sound much better and im glad Jason is settling down for you. They seem to hit an age where they are much more acceptable dont they?

I know before christmas you were a bit down in the dumps so im glad you feel more positive.

Has weaning not helped Jason sleep at night?It hasnt helped izzy but i started at 16 weeks because of izzy's reflux. She has taken to weaning very well and im very glad i started. I couldn't of waited until 6 months.

Izzy is fine. She has taken to waking up at 4am ish and will not go back to sleep for ages unless she is in bed with us. Hmmmm the little madam. If she didnt come in with us she will be awake from 4am but if she stays with us sometimes she goes to sleep till 7am.

Glad your getting on great.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Aww thanks!

Things with oh are a bit better. A lot of the issues are still there with him working all the time but he is making more of an effort when he is here. I think he is much more comfortable with Jason at this age. He had a son who died of malaria when he was 5 months old and I wonder if he was a bit scared of getting close to Jason in case it happened again. He has been doing wee things like buying me some special bubble bath and running me a surprise bath. If only men knew how much the little things matter! His ex has given over custody of his daughters to us and we are in the process of applying for visas. Hopefully they will be here by August ready for starting school in September so that will help him a lot financially and emotionally. We'll have to start looking for a bigger house as the number of children will be tripling! image.

Jason doesn't wake at night for a feed anymore but he is just very restless at night and wakes constantly for his dummy. Its driving me mad but I'm not sure what to do but I'm sure I'll figure it out like everything else!

Glad to hear you're doing great too!

Faith