Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

Catch up

Hi ladies

Just wondering how your LOs are getting on. Took Jack to clinic yesterday and he weighed in at 18lb 12oz. I measured his length this morning & he is 71cm. He is getting too big for his rear facing car seat & his carrycot image I have put him in his own room tonight & he isnt settling sofar. Thibk its gonna be a long night

xxx

Replies

• Hiya

Gosh Jack is a bouncing baby!What did he weigh at birth? Izzy was 13lb 11oz about 4 weeks ago but with Christmas and snow we havent been.We are due to go on Monday and im looking forward to it.

I struggle to carry her anywhere now so i cant imagine what it's like when she gets to 18lb but i suppose you get use to it or just dont carry them.

I'm not very good with Centimeters but izzy is now 28inches but we have just measured her at home.The HV never measures her when she is weighted but i like to record it for her baby book.

Like Jack, Izzy is getting to small for her car seat. We never bought a car seat which attaches onto a pram,its just one thats always in there but it's a struggle to get her in and out. When i go to get her out she somehow pushes on the back seat and i then struggle to get her head out as she pushes up. I think thats daddy's job today to turn the seat around.

I hope you got a goodnights sleep. We put Izzy in her cot at 4 months and thankfully she took to it brilliant. When i have had problems with her sleeping the girls on here have mentioned swaddling? It made sense because she always pushes herself to the side of her cot for comfort.

Nice to hear from you.

xxx
  • Hi, hope Jacks been settling in his own room since you posted this. We put Finley in with his big sister in his cot for the first time on the same night! Thankfully it's been going well as I'd been worried he wouldnt settle or that they would disturb each other. He loves all the space he has in his cot compared to his crib.

Do you miss him being in your room? I miss hearing him snoring lol!

Fin is a big lad too, last weighed on fri 18lb 07oz. I've not measured him so no idea how long! I get arm ache if I hold him too long and BF is getting tricky because of his length, getting a comfy position is prooving tricky!

Jun09bride have you turned the seat round? Does that seem better for her? We bring Fins car seat in and out so it's still alright for now.

Just can't believe how grown up they all are, it's flying!

XXX
  • Hiya,

We didnt turn it round in the end we just took out the little newborn insert (boo hoo) which give her more room. Its still a bit awkward to get her in and out because she is long but we will give this a go first.

xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi everyone, Glad you and your babies are doing well!

Noah is now 17lb7oz, he loves his food and has taken to eating like a duck to water. He went into a cot in his own room on the 1st of Jan, he loves his bedroom and come 6pm lets you know he wants his bath, bottle and bed. He sleeps from 6.30-7pm till 7-8am, he loves a lie-in at the weekends too image

He is such a good boy and a very happy smiley baby, which is wonderful but not doing me any favours because he just makes me think when he starts (school) nursery I'm going to want another baby! Although don't think I'd would be so lucky next time as I have had 2 perfect babies!

xx