Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

A few questions on weaning (LONG SORRY )

Hi ladies

JUst wondered how you guys were getting on with weaning and had a few questions

we have been weaning jake since just under 18 weeks and he is now nearly 24 weeks , he has been on 4 - 5 bottles a day now for a few weeks (7oz bottles - he was on 6 - 7 before weaning ) as I have not been giving him breakfast so that i made sure he got enough bottles till he was six months.

I am now trying to slowly introduce breakfast and up his meal sizes as the HV said i need to start to wean his milk down and can start finger foods etc as he is quite advanced for 24 weeks

i tried porridge yesterday and weetabix today but he wont take them at all , he likes to munch on buttered toast but thats it , what are you ladies doing for breakfasts ?

also how big are your portion sizes for lunch and what kinds of things do you give them .. so far we have only used pureed veg with a bit of pureed fruit for dessert. I have used the ellas kitchen sachets whilst out and he likes them

How many bottles are your little ones on ? not sure when he should be dropping to 3 bottles

Replies

• Hi Hun!

I started weaning Eve at 17 weeks too!

She has breakfast and I alternated between wetabix, baby porridge and baby Yogourt ( the dried version you add water to) and then some fruit pur????e! I use the organic fruit pots! She has half a fruit pot and 3 soup spoons of cereal mixed with water or one wetabix!

I've not introduces lunch yet, I'm going to wait until 6 months!

For dinner she has veg pur????e, either stuff I have made myself or pre made stuff including ELISA kitchen and organix! She had either 3 ice cubes or half a pouch/jar and then for desert half a fruit pot!

She has 4 6oz bottles still and I'm not keen to start cutting thi down until 6 months, if she leaves some that's fine! I also offer a sippy cup with water in at both meals!

This week I've also started introducing finger foods with her meals, so far she's sucked on apple and pear and carrot batons!

I'm keep to start giving her a bit of toast but am a bit scared lol!

Hope thi helped!

Becky

Xxx