Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update on babies :-)

I thought we could have a quick catch up to see how everybody is doing.

Millie is 26 weeks, we started weaning at 24 weeks and it has been going very well. She loves her food, especially Plum mango porridge and any type of fruit. We have been giving her homemade stuff as well as jars and whole fruit like raspberry and carrot sticks (Not so keen on carrot though!)

She is still a little mite, at 6.75kg (Between 25 and 50th centile) but given her enthusiasm for food, this may well change image

She has been sitting unaided for a week now, with a really straight back and she is really strong when she stands (the HV commented on that a few weeks back as she wasn't meant to be able to stand so well!) She however shows no signs of wanting or trying to roll! :lol:

She is very chatty at the moment and is starting to recognise her name and the lyrics of songs make her smile even when I say them without the tune. She has learnt to clap in the past 2 days, I was amazed that she could copy me!

We have just started sign language, as it is meant to help with bilingualism, and she stops and watch when I sign to her, so I think it is working, although we are no where near her signing yet!

I love her personality and I am amazed everyday as to how much of a little individual she is!

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac275/Minnieismarried/IMG_6220.jpg

Replies

• Ahh, she's so cute!

Ruby-Rae is 26 weeks on Wednesday and has been weaning since 19 weeks and she will eat anything! She started on lumpy purees rather than total liquid as it took too long to blend everything that much and I figured that I would see if she was happy with lumps and then if not I'd ahve to go to liquid. Luckily she loved them and now we are going to attempt mini pasta bows this week!

So far she has tried a couple of those Hipp jars but they are like soup and although she takes it she doesn't seem to enjoy it as much so I have been doing TONS of pureeing & grind & mashing! usually on a Sunday. I actually love her mashed food and have to stop myself eating it! she likes potato, sweet potato, mango, apple, pear, carrot, parsnip, butternut squash, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, papaya, avocado, porridge, baby rice, banana. I put some purees seperate and some I mix together.

This lot didn't last the week though!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs266.snc6/179409_490511986956_531946956_6619967_8176879_n.jpg

She is quite tall and is in has been in the 75 percentile since birth. her 3-6 months dresses hav ebeen too short since about 4 months although they still fit her body ok which is annoying.

She has been happily sitting up on her own since about 4 months but hasn't rolled yet. She isn't too keen on tummy time either.

I love that she recognises her name and seems to recognise who is saying it too. We do baby sensory and that has some sign language too and i love it. she has such a good time....i'm trying to work out how I can drop my business into conversation and try to sell some t-shirts & vest at the moment lol Next week I'm taking her in a t-shirt ia made her! ha ha

She is lush!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs246.snc6/179464_494025236956_531946956_6669217_6252785_n.jpg

• Oh she is so cute! Loving the slippers and tutu! I love her curls, what a cutie image

Well done for doing all the food, I tried Millie on my own purees but she wasn't keen on the first one (Carrot) as it was too lumpy for her so I give her sticks of cooked vegs as finger food, as she prefers eating it herself rather than having lumpy puree. Tonight I am making bolognese with mince, tomatoes, onions and carrot, and I will try to puree it for her, to see whether she likes that.

We do baby sensory too, although we haven't been for a while due to various appointments... I miss it, so I want to go again, but i'll wait for the new term. We also go to water babies, which Millie seems to enjoy!

Lol about dropping your business in conversations, maybe you could try to sell some at a local market or at an NCT sale?

xxx
  • I'll be trying everything! I really want some of those slippers!

I season my food too much to give her my own but I think I might pust some mince & onion aside before I season it when I do spag bol on Wed and try it too.

Let me know how yours goes image
  • Aww the babies are so cute!!! Sophia is amazing, she will be 27 weeks on Friday and she is coming on leaps and bounds now!! We started weaning around 23 weeks and she is doing well with it all! We do quite a bit of baby led, some purees and jars and pouches! She is still quite diddy and has been floating between 9th and 25th centile but at least it's made her clothes last! She can still wear 0-3 tshirts!!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs782.ash1/167276_1783856484241_1474373034_31906994_2361181_n.jpg

Sophia can sit up unaided and roll one way. She is always babbling, she did start saying Mama about a month ago but babawa babawa has taken it's place!! She recognises her own name and is starting to recognise her Nanna! We go to bounce and rhyme and rhythm time every week and she went swimming for the first time today! She is lovely and placid and such a fun and funny baby!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs290.snc6/181833_1799695520207_1474373034_31939551_4008572_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1396.snc4/164887_1786509430563_1474373034_31912342_2084452_n.jpg

I love to see how all the babies are doing! I can't believe we will have one year olds this year!!!
  • Aww, Sophia is cute and dinky! Millie also still fits in some of her 0-3 months dresses, although they are now getting quite short!

I see Sophia likes pear, I need to get some fresh ones, I tried some tinned pears in juice today, but they broke off quite easily in her mouth so she kept spitting them out. She is not quite ready for lumps yet image

Jubilee, my bolognese is ready, I got some extra lean mince, some tomatoes, carrots, onion and half a spoon of olive oil to fry the onion. I then took mostly vegetables and tomato juice out of the pan, and a small amount of mince, and pureed it. I also added a bit of baby rice to thicken it, although i'm not sure it needed it, but as we are going to eat it with pasta, I thought Millie needed some carbs in there too image

Now I just have to wait and see if she likes mummy's cooking :lol:
  • I'll be waiting to hear her thought Minnie! I bought some mini pasta bows so I am going to stick that in one of those Hipp jars and see what she thinks and if that goes well I'll add it to bolognaise!

Littlelyns, sophia is so cute. I love the one of her with the soft toys x Is she eating apple or pear in the other pic? do you boil it first? I boiled some pear for Ruru but it was very sort of slippery and slimey after that
  • I just give her the pear nice and ripe, skin on, not cooked!!! The bits that come off in her mouth she can manage pretty easily! I should have let Sophia eat bolognese tonight but I'd stupidly already given her her tea! Duhh!! She has had peach, chese, bread and butter,tomato,cucumber, carrot sticks, pasta all baby led!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168106_1783857084256_1474373034_31906997_8266951_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs800.ash1/169087_1786507270509_1474373034_31912333_6750701_n.jpg

Minnie- Sophia has that toy from ELC and loves it!!! I love the name Millie!! Do you have Bilingual books for her? We have a few for Sophia! xx

Jubilee (your name always makes me think of the jubilee line on the tube hehehe) Ruby Rae is just lovely!!! I love her clothes!!! xx
  • Jubilee everytime I see a picture if Ruby-rae it seriously freaks me out how much like Jason she is. I'll have to get an up to date picture of him on here tomorrow.

He's doing really well. He is tall and skinny. He's over the 95th for height but hovering around the 50th for weight. He eats whatever he is given but just can't seem to eat it in volume. He still hates his bottle but I try and sneak milk in his food where I can. He is having proper home made dinners now and has had fish pie, spag bol, chicken dinner, pork and apples, lentil stew, polenta and lots of other yummy stuff. I have to stop myself from eating it! He's also having lots of finger foods. His favourites have been pears, cucumber, philli on toast, rice cakes, ginger biscuits (naughty mummy!), blueberries and orange segments.

He is sitting up,rolling, dragging himself forward by the elbows when on his tummy and I'm not sure how he does it but I'll put him on the floor to play at one end of the room while I get the dinner and when I check on him he is on the other side of the room! I am a bit scared of when he is crawling! I'll be knackered.

We go to sign and rhyme and he loves it. He sings along in his own special way and he can't clap but smacks the floor in time. He is the happiest smiliest baby ever and I can't take my eyes off him when we are in a room full of people.
  • lovely thread image

Raeya is 27 weeks tomorrow.

She doesnt want to sit at the moment but loves to be held to stand, if she's lying down or in a sitting position and you take her hands she forces herself up onto her feet.

She is also rolling but not all the time.

I think her teeth are moving about, although she hasnt cut any yet, they are annoying her.

She's not keen on banana which i was surprised about but she likes the strawberry and banana porridge.

How do you feed your LO's chicken?

I cooked chicken breast and whizzed it then mixed it in with some of her favourite veggies but she doesnt seem to like the consistency, it does seem to be alittle gritty but not too different to what she's use to.

I wasnt sure if it'd be ok to let her have a strip of chicken as finger food?

I've been watching One born every minute and I am soooo broody!

I dont think I would have the guts to give birth on national TV though!!!

xxx
  • hi ladies

maddison is now 23 wks old i know she is a sept baby as lazy little girl was 10 days late but will always be a born in aug baby lol

well have started to wean her now not keen on porridge but loves carrot sweet potatoe also has hipp jars will eat any of them .

loves tummy time rolls over and pushes her self back but loves to be on her feet most of the time can see the whitness of her gums so do not think it will be long before her teeth start coming through and when she smiles she melts my heart and would love baby no 2 already but will wait lol what beautiful babies we all have were such lucky ladies xxx
  • ooh I love this thread!!! Ruru loves holding her food and eating but I do tend to get a bit panicky at the chunky she's bites (well gums as she has no teeth) off. She bites off bits and then seems to suck it and sometimes swallows and other times it will randomly just drop out as if she's been holding it there like a hamster lol

What do you guys do about big chunks? will they just kind if gag and spit it up? I was dine but then I read the choking instructions in the Annabel

karmel book and freaked lol
  • I'm so glad you August mummies are still here, it has been so quiet on here since the changes have been made to the website!

Jubilee - The bolognaise didn't go down too well. In fact, it didn't go down at all! At the first spoonful, she pulled a face and retched and retched and at the second attempt she gagged on it and spat it up! It wasn't lumpy as such, but the texture was a gritty and she hated it image So she had a jar instead, which she happily demolished! We are only 2 weeks in, so I think it may be worth waiting another week and try again. She is so good at BLW when it comes to fruit, I didn't think lumps would be a problem...

I was told not to worry about choking as they have this gagging reflex which means it will come back up. Still, it's pretty scary!

Pinkkt - Maddison is an August baby at heart image Don't you love how they push on their feet to stand up and then refuse to "bend" when you try to sit them down? :lol:

Raeya's mommy - I had the same problem last night with the blended mince - I would try it as finger food, maybe the chicken thigh meat rather than breast meat as it would be less stringy? I have been watching one born every minute and I cry every single time, saying how wonderful it is! Hubby watches uncomfortably, he loved it last year but now he knows what it is like, he reminds him how stressful he found the whole experience :roll: I loved it when the midwife was talking about the scared woman and another one asked if it was her first baby and she replied "No it's her 3rd, she knows what to expect see, that's why she is scared". If you ever wanted to put people off... :lol:

Faithie - Jason is doing so well at moving about, that's very impressive! I reckon Millie will walk before she can roll :lol: She also sings in her own special way at sing and rhyme (mostly shouting over everybody else!) I like to think she has my singing voice image Don't feel bad for giving him the occasional treat, I read somewhere that loads of middle class children are malnourished because their parents try too hard to make them healthy!

Littlelyns - The toy was a christmas stocking filler and it is one of her favourite toys! She is teething, although she hasn't cut any yet. We have a few bilingual books, but I get annoyed at how the translation is done, sometimes it just doesn't say the same thing, so I now just buy French books and different English books. We have found a French baby group to go to, so that should be interesting. Are you doing one parent one language with Sophia? I love the photo of her eating pasta, what a clever girl!
  • Lovely to hear everyone is doing well...

Noah is an amazing, happy, chilled out little boy. He loves his sleep and thats the only time he ever really gets upset when he wants to go to sleep and then you just lay him down, give him his blanket or Geoffery(his giraffe) and he'll just drop off.

He loves his food, he has been weening since 16 weeks, we've just started finger food and he loves that too. He loves homemade fruit and veg rather than jars which he will eat but doesn't really enjoy them.

He loves to be on his feet and loves being sung too, his fav song is row row. He can sit up but usually leans too far and ends up falling over.

He loves to lay on the floor on his back on his mat and you will often find him half way over the other side on the room, although he can't quite roll over yet. He's not so keen on tummy time and perfers to be on his back.

• Minnie, I use pork or turkey mince rather than beef because it is much softer and generally less fatty and grisly. Even with extra lean mince I find you get the odd chewy bit! I used chicken theighs too rather than breast because they are softer but it took him a while to get used to flavour because it is quite strong compared to the breast.
  • right! I'll be buying some chicken thighs & turkey mince then! image
  • Thanks Faithie, I'll try that. I wanted her to have beef because red meat is full of iron and as I am still breastfeeding, she doesn't have any iron supplement in her diet.

MrsGiggles, Noah sounds like he is doing very well! Millie is really good when it comes to bed time. She usually lets me know she wants to sleep by putting her thumb in her mouth and stroking her hair with her other hand (Something my gran used to do even as an adult...) so it is my cue to put her to bed.

Do your little ones sleep through? Millie doesn't, although she has done it a few times, including 2 days ago when she had dinner for the first time, so I'm hopeful! image She normally goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up at about 3am for a feed and then at 6.30am when I feed her before letting her having a quiet play on her back on the bed with me so I can "stay in bed" for another 30 min, when we get up and get ready for the day.
  • He doesn't often cry it's only if he's really tired he does, he often puts his hand on one side of his head, rubs his eyes and in the evening he does like a drinking motion(which he does in the day to tell you he is hungry) with his mouth tell us it's time for his bath and his bottle.

Noah goes down between 6 and 7 (sometimes it gets to 5.30 and you know he's getting ready for bed!) and sleeps through till 7-8 sometimes later at the weekend.

He then has a nap about 9.30 till 11ish and then another nap about 1.30-2.30ish.

• Jason is still waking for a bottle at least once a night. He is on 3 meals a day plus supper but he can't eat much in one go.

Lentils and spinach are really good for iron as well as red meat. Jason likes cheesy spinach and sweet potato mash and butternut squash, lentil and tomato stew.
  • Hi girls, loving reading how they're all coming along, it's gone so fast!!

Finley turned 6months yesterday, or 26weeks, he is a happy little sole, he's a pleasure! He's still bf and we're doing BLW so he's trying literally anything we're having. It's going super, I can see him managing things better, learning to chew and deal with pieces which are too big to swallow.. it's fascinating! He does have things like porridge too but i load up the spoon, hand it to him and he grabs and puts it in his mouth. A slow, messy process but fun image and makes for very interesting poo's lol.

He's fairly strong, he can sit up, which is very handy for getting him dressed lol. he can stand up holding onto a chair or similar so long as I'm behind him to catch if he falls. He rolls about the room and shuffles backwards causing mischeif and recently has learned to get onto all fours and "rev" backwards and forwards which is hilarious to watch. No sign of teeth yet.. he dribbles but I think teeth are a long way off for him. My nipples are thankful!

His favourite thing ever is his big sis who he giggles and smiles at all of the time. We've had some terrible nights when he's been poorly, but usually goes down at 6.30pm, feeds around 3am then sleeps till 6am. A pretty easy baby compared to my daughter lol

xxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi everyone,

How fab to see everyone's babies doing so well. Isn't it strange how they're all so different and at different stages but all born within a few weeks of each other.

Sophie is 26+3 now and doing really well. She's very petite at 13lbs 14oz but such a happy litle girl and a complete joy to have around.

She can roll from front to back and vice versa but cannot yet sit without support.

If ever I walk out of the room and leave her for a second she is always somewhere else when I return! lol.

She loves her big bro and he dotes on her which is fantastic.

Her favourite toys at the moment are empty wipes packets, the tv remote and my mobile!

As far as weaning is concerned she is not interested AT ALL. She's showed no major signs of being ready but we thought seeing as though she's 6 months we should start! Tried baby rice and several purees but anything we do manage to get into her mouth she just sits with it on her tongue looking a bit baffled. We've also tried lots of different finger foods but she doesn't really even pick them up never mind eat them. She's very much a boob girl!!! lol

She's so laid back and seems very contented so I'm too bothered about it yet. Hopefully over the next few weeks she'll realise what it's all about! She absolutely loves being in her highchair so we just pop her in every time we eat and she's happy just to sit and watch.

I can't believe 6 months has passed since she was born and over a year has gone since we all joined DIA !!!

Vic + Sophie xxxx