Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Holidays 2011

This might sounds a strange question but i just wondered if your thinking of going away this year?

I would love to drive to France but with izzy i dont think it would be possible so we were thinking of going somewhere in england/wales. We normally go to hotels but with Izzy i dont think we can do this either (due to her sometimes being vocal hehehe).If your going away where would you stay?Im curious to how brave you are.

Replies

• We were hoping to get a week abroad somewhere, however I reckon that we'll end up visiting family for our hols. I am prepared to take Erin on a plane but not for too long. It's the thought of everything that we would need to bring for her that puts me off though.
  • We are going to Menorca in May, don't know if its brave or stupid with a 2 and half year old and a 9 month old! can't wait though, got a beautiful beach and swimming pools and is very child friendly! How times have changed from looking at how far the nightlife is to..if they provide high chairs anc cots ha ha ha x x
  • We are going to Turkey to visit family in March eeekk!!! We have two stops on the plane, it's a 9 hour journey in total! Dreading it! Yep!!! We might have an england holiday in the summer! xx
  • we're off to Majorca in June for 2 weeks!!! we're going with our best friends who have a 6 year old girl and 9 month old boy (Raeya's little boyfriend ;P )

So should be lots of fun. Plus going with them helps because they've taken they're LO's on holidays before so I can ask them about stuff if I need to.

Although I have been looking for tankinis my friend has said she will wear her bikini if I do. eek! heck I might just!

I cant wait, need some sunshine.

• Hi hun,

Well, all my family is in France so I have made the journey twice already! image

At 7 weeks, Millie flew to Paris for a week with my family. She fell asleep as soon as the engines started both ways. Plus, we got a very privilege treatment at the airport, jumping all the queue, I would say flying with baby is brilliant!

A few days after coming back from France, we flew to Scotland for a family wedding. I thought I might have been lucky first time round, but the trip once again was great.

At Christmas, we couldn't fly to my parents as we had all the christmas presents with us, so we drove to Folkestone, took the eurotunnel, then stopped for the night in Calais. Then it was another 5 hours to my parents, we took our times and had lots of breaks, Millie slept the whole way, so I would say if you are prepared to do the journey in a couple of days, France is definitely feasible image

Millie's been on buses, cars, trains, planes and eurotunnel. A boat is the last type of transport she needs to try :lol:
  • Forgot to say, we are off to France again in May (My sister is having a baby) and probably in the summer too.
  • Minnie, I have family over there too, in Aix-en-Provence.

I'm hoping we can spend this xmas with them.

whereabouts are all yours?

Do you know how much it is to rent a car for a few days there???

And congrats for your sister, I cant wait to be an auntie one day!

• Oh my gosh your all so brave, what is wrong with me?

Thanks for the replies, you have given me plenty of confidence.
  • Hi Raeya's mommy,

My family is in the Loire Valley, a 5 hour drive from Calais. For Aix, I would fly to Nice, depending on where you are in the UK there are some cheap flights going there.

I haven't rented a car in France as we normally take ours, but I think the prices are similar to here, about ??200 for a week for a medium size car. Normally, you can rent the car seat too but some airlines like Easyjet let you take it with you for free. x

June09, you can do it! The most you travel with them small, the more they will be good at travelling. It's a lot of organisation, but it is feasible! x
  • We're going on a Caravan holiday at Easter and then hopefully camping with loads of family in the summer, we're doing lots of decorating this year and we've just bought a new car so can't really afford a big holiday this year although it will probably end up costing us just as much going on holiday in England.

We're hoping to go abroad next year though.

• I will be on mat leave until June so we have put holiday plans on hold until finances start to improve!! I am hoping that we will be able to get a last min holiday in Sept maybe a Greek island or Canaries.

We went away for our first weekend the other week to the Lakes- took so much stuff with us!! Would dread to think how much we would need to take abroad!!

xx