Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are you all getting on with weaning?

Hi ladies,

Just wondered how you are all getting on with weaning & where you are up to.

Started weaning Jack just after New Year with first stage purees (various fruit & veg), baby rice etc etc. We are now progressing onto 'proper' meals ie casseroles...- still pureed. Have tried to encourage him with finger foods but he does not seem interested. He eats all his food off the spoon & will polish off all his bowls of food so he does have a good appetite. Think its just laziness lol- must take after his father.

He has breakfast with his morning milk- usually 3tsps of porridge with fruit or half weetabix with fruit. Then he has lunch- today he had 6 cubes of chicken casserole/veg with small bottle. And he has around 6tsp of baby rice mixed with fruit at tea time.

He is having four bottles of milk a day- around 28oz in total & I am trying to drop the small lunchtime bottle & replace it with beaker of water however he just spits this out!!

What are your LOs eating & how much? I wish there was a manual to this child rearing malarkey lol

xx

Replies

• Options
    I started weaning Jason at 16 weeks. It feels like ages ago!

He has 5 oz of milk first thing at 6.30. When he's up and dressed etc he has porridge and fruit made up with another 3 oz of milk. He usually has half a banana for a snack at 11ish and a couple of oz of milk from his sippy cup. Then he has lunch at around 12.30. Today he had a scrabbled egg with spinach and cheese and some finger foods to play with (today it was cucumber and tomato) and water. He then has about 3 oz of milk at 2.30 when he goes down for his nap. Then for dinner he had about 3 tablespoons of fish pie and some roasted butternut squash wedges that he fed himself. Then for supper he had a yoghurt and 5oz of milk before going to sleep. The last month or so he has started having a bottle at about 3am where he takes about 4oz. He only has really small amounts of milk at one time but it all adds up to around 20 oz or so a day.

He only eats very small amounts at a time so I try to feed him little and often because he is so srawny. He doesn't have any lovely rolls of baby fat at all and his ribsxand spine really stick out! Poor wee love!
  • Options
    Hi

Raeya will take about 24 ozs over 24hrs. 6ozs a time

We do bottle at 7.30

breakkie at 9.30 porridge mixed with a cube of fruit puree

11.30 bottle

1.30 lunch/snack finger foods

3pm bottle

5.30 dinner 1 large cube savoury and 1 large cube fruit puree with 1/2 crushed rusk or just 2 large cubes of savoury

7/7.30 bottle

I dont think Raeya likes my food I make for her lol

She will happily take jarred food but when I have given her my cooked stuff she screws her face up lol I have tried giving blander tastes like parsnip and potato then I tried to make it more interesting like mixing veggies with alittle baby stock cube and some fresh parsley but she was the same, tried chicken, beef and fish. I looked on the jars and I have made food with the same ingredients but its still not the same for her.