Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

just a moan

heyy, just wanted to kno wot u think. my lo nearly 7 month and im desperate to start ttc for number two but im worried about my weight i just cant seem to budge it ive been walkin loads and eating less and cut out junk food. i went to docs a few weeks ago about back ache and she told me it was because i was fat which tbh turned me to the cho cy im a size 18 and i just feel awful i also suffer with depression but my lo helps with that i want a baby but seem to have a lack motivation thanx for reading

Replies

• Hey!

I had my ds in Aug and am a size 18 which I was before I had him, I am now expecting again and am due in october!

I get a bad back but I put this down to a rubbish mattress (we are getting a new one) also the fact that I carry around lo all 19lbs of him. Remember you are probably lifting alot more nbow than you used too so for your doc to just say its your weight is wrong! Granted I am sure if we dropped a few pounds that wouldnt hurt. keep your chin up and if you want to ttc then go for it!

xx
  • Hey, I haven't been on here on ages, due to the little boss man keeping me busy. up at this time as he has started waking again at night :S

anyway, I just had to reply to your post as I was exactly the same. I was exercising and cutting down what I was eating and my weight wasn't changing at all. have you thought of joining a group? I joined slimming world, and honestly I have found it so much easier than I thought (Im a pasta/potato addict). I have lost 16 pound so far without hardly trying. I am actually eating more than I ever did. I honestly would recommend it, even if you just go one week and get the books and then do it yourself. even if you google it you'll prob get the info you need. my husband says my cooking has got better since starting it lol. they just show you how to cook things in a better (and prob nicer) way. we have steak and chips, lasagne, curry (I made tonight, and was like proper chinese takeaway curry - delicious), chicken kievs, everything yum.

but at the end of the day our babies are only 7 months old, and its hard to get time to think of yourself so dont be too hard on yourself. Ps don't let your doc get you down, I've come to the conclusion that they have no tact. I remember my 6 week check up my doc telling me I was well over-weight!!! I was thinking - "no shit, I just had a baby of course I'm over weight, I can't exercise due to a c-sec and feel like shit, and you get paid how much to tell me this??"
  • thanx for replys ladys it really helps. i was thinking about joining a group tbh think ill look it up online an

d i need to buy a pair of scales lol x
  • just wanted to say i am in the same boat i have gone up 2 dress sizes to a 16 - 18 from a 12 - 14 and its getting me down too i am 2 stone heavier than before got pregnant but cant find the motivation at all the more fed up i get the more i eat lol

its worth thinking of a class and also i wouldnt let it worry you about ttc as every pregnancy is different and you may not put a lot of weight on the second time as you will be running round after your little one

are you going back to work ? i am next week and i know this will help as i will get some more structure in my days , so theres at least one plus side to going back !

HOPE YOU CHEER UP - IGNORE THE DOCS YOUR A SIZE 18 NOT THE HALF TON MUM !!!! XXX