Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Car Seat

My lad is now bursting out of his car seat, and was wondering when I can put him into the front facing one, he is the weight of a 9 month baby, the little chunk was 8lb 11oz at birth, and has taken to eating like a duck to water.

Replies

• they say once they are 20lbs + to put them in a front facing car seat. but nathan has outgrown his and only weighs 18lbs, but we had to put him in his new one as he was so big he couldnt even wear the seat belts as they were to small on his

dani & Nathan 31+3
  • My little man (and i use the term loosely!) has been in a forward facing car seat for a couple of weeks now as he outgrew his newborn one! I think the general rule is 9months and over 9kg but if they're too big for their car seat then this can't be safe either. My DS is almost 8months and weighs 21lbs 10oz! I wasn't too worried that he wasn't 9months as he is very strong and has really good head control and those are the reasons for waiting until they're older. I believe that it is ideal for them to remain in a rear facing seat for as long as possible and you can get some that will fit them until they're 4yrs old but i think they're very expensive.

I'm sure your DS will be fine but you have to feel comforatble with your decision.

HTH