Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

Juice drinks

Where do you mums stand on juice drinks?

I've not given Izzy any so far but my friend who has a baby the same age gives juice to her baby all the time.

If I was to give her a drink of juice i would give her the most teeny weeny drop ever!I usually give izzy cooled boiled water.

Just wondered what your thoughts were!

H X

Replies

• I buy the baby juice, however if DS would drink just water then he would just have that but he spits it out whenever i try and gt him to have some!

• I buy the baby juice, however if DS would drink just water then he would just have that but he spits it out whenever i try and gt him to have some!

• Sophia has water, not loads but she's doesn't have juice! I'm not even starting that! My mum says 'when she comes to me I'll give her juice'!!! No Mum you wont!!! Nothing against it but it's not my mum who will have to keep buying it once Sophia no longer drinks water hehehe!!!! xxx
  • Millie absolutely loves water and she drinks loads of it (about a full beaker a day) so I can't see the point of giving juice. She has a sweet enough tooth as it is, no need to make it worse! image I'm not against it, but if she can avoid having any, I think it's probably best.

She does like juice though, because at Christmas she grabbed my glass and helped herself to my pineapple juice! She had been looking at me and she just knew what to do with it!
  • Oh so i'm not being a tight mummy then lol. As long as you are all doing the water thing then thats ok.

Thanks for your help image
  • maddison only drinks water to but i have tried her with juice but she did not like it so we are sticking to water image
  • I ocassionally put a drop of pure orange in his water. Only because he loves it so much and gives a big mmmmmm when he drinks it and laughs because he is so happy! I think its so cute! We rarely have it in the house and don't buy especially for so usually its water.
  • I haven't offered any yet - just keep giving the water but she seems to want to play and spit that out. We are still breastfeeding so not sure if she just prefers milk? She likes to play with the cup though!