Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should I change frequency of feeds- also in Baby

Hi ladies- needing your excellent advice again!!

I have been FF LO since he was 3 weeks. Initially he seemed to be feeding every 4 hours like clockwork & would take about 5oz. This has gradually crept up to around 8oz & he seems to be guzzling this down. He is throwing quite a bit of this back & he is also a dribbler so you can imagine the state of his bibs. He has quite a bit of wind & gets quite agitated with this especially at nighttime. I bought some Aptamil Comfort yesterday as i think this might help with his wind (He is currently taking Aptamil First)- not tried it yet though as I need to get some bigger teats.

I was wondering if it was a good idea if I tried to feed him smaller bottles say every three hours? Or do you think this will upset his routine- not that we are actually in one!! He is still feeding in the night too so wondered whether this might help him to go through the night? Also is it ok to feed both Aptamil First & Aptamil Comfort alternately? I still have a big tub of Aptamil First left that I havent opened yet so dont want it to go to waste!!

Thanking you in advance!!1

Claire & Jack (7 weeks)
xxx

Replies

• Options
    I feed Jason Aptimil comfort except for his last feed at night which is hungry baby because he had been feeding every hour and a half during the night and it hasn't done him any harm. We ran out this week though and he is still sleeping the same amount so don't think we'll bother with it again. I would just check with your hv though. If the seal isn't broken could you return or exchange the milk you have?