Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Little and often!!!

Sophia is taking 2oz of formula and wont go longer than 3 hours, sometimes just two hours! I don't mind if she is getting enough and I know the box is only a guide but when will she take more than 2oz?? She screams at exactly 2oz every time!!! We tried to drag it out the other day to see if she would drink more but she didnt!! Any tips or do you think this is all she needs? xxx

Replies

• Hey there!
    Well i think How's the breast?! Improving i hope?
    BF is now over for us too as my DS now refuses to BF-am devastated that this seems to be the end as it's not what i wanted but DS seems happy which is most important.
    Anyway i ramble, but in answer to your Q when i first started him on formula (10days ago) he would struggle to take more than 2oz and did this 2hrly (although was still being BF aswell at this time), but he now seems to be taking more each feed (although BF less and less till nothing today!) and tonight before bed he took 5oz-a record-lol! I put his slow start down to the fact that he BF and so was only used to taking smaller amounts than a FF baby and obviously used to feeding more frequently. I think it just takes time for them to adjust.
    I would say that it's better for them to start taking little and often to get them used to it. I'm sure she'll build up the quantity and time between when her little tummy gets bigger! I don't think she'd mind me saying but MummyLintern has had the opposite problem since switching to FF where her LO takes so much he makes himself sick.
    This feeding lark isn't simple huh?!
    Good luck
    xXx
  • God I know!!! It's so confusing!!! Yeah my breast is on the mend, it's annoying because they need to keep the wound open so they have to pack it every day which really hurts!!! Boooo!!!!

I was and still am gutted about BFing but I think now I just have to block it out and get on with it! I just had such a different view to how it would be but hey we can't say we didnt try!!! We have to be proud for what we did! It's easier said than done!!

I will go get her weighed on Weds so I guess I will see if she is doing ok?

Thanks hun xxx