Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Showers?!!

Sophie is 6 weeks old tomorrow and I'm getting on average 1 shower every 3 days!!! Minging I know but I just don't seem to have the time. I have a 3yr old to look after and my oh works nights and what with trying to look after Sophie all of a sudden 3 days has gone past and I suddenly realise I haven't had a shower!!
Is it just me? lol

Vic xx

Replies

• Aww bless ya! I'm sure it isnt just you I always wonder what the hell people with two kids do??? I struggle with my little madam!!!

xx
  • We have to be in a routine cos our little girl is at school but we're really lucky as my husband is a teacher so doesn't leave until around 8.
    He sets his alarm for 7 but it's usually nearly 7.30 before we get out of bed, hubby goes down with our daughter and gets her breakfast and eats his, then comes back and gets in the shower, when he gets out I get in.
    While we're doing this our daughter gets dressed when she's ate her breakfast.
    Noah normally wakes up and decides its bottle time around 8 ish (sometimes earlier) hubby then takes noah down and switches the kettle on. I come down once dressed and hubby leaves for work, then I make Noahs bottle (while munching a cereal bar), do our daughters hair and brush her teeth, get Noah dressed and feed him.
    Then it's coats and shoes and out of the house by 8.40.
    I get her uniform, lunch and bookbag ready and loaded on the pushchair ready for the morning. I get Noahs clothes out ready too.

Have a chat with him and sort out when would be best for you to have 5 minutes to yourself to have a shower.
    xx
  • Hello.
    Nooo its not just you.It really gets to me when I don't feel clean and sometimes its the only thing that makes me feel human.
    When my little girl wakes up in the morning I feed her, change her for the day and we have some awake time where we sing and she gives me lots of smiles.I then take her changing mat in the bathroom and put her in with me so she can see me.I'm hoping she gets use to the noise of the shower so she isn't scared of it when she gets older.Don't know if it will work but its a mad theory of mine hehe.
  • gc as this was on the home page!!! i couldnt function in a morning without a shower. dd is 6 months old next week and ive missed a morning shower once snce the day she was born. i just wouldnt feel clean wthout one!! but only have 1 child, so it might be more difficult next time.
  • its not just you! theres days where its gone noon before i've managed to shower or brush teeth! I am EBF on demand so can't pinpoint a time when ds will be sleeping/feeding.
    Luckily hubby will have cuddle time in the evening so I can have a shower/wash hair if I haven't managed.

Its not as easy as saying you couldn't function - as a new mum it really is hard to get to grips with everything and its us that take a back seat over our childs needs.

I also have no idea how mums with 2 babies cope! i'm seriously put off having anymore simply because one is demanding enough image

xx
  • i havent shaved my legs in nearly a week lol

xx
  • lol i havent shaved my legs for weeks ! luckily i keep remembering to shave under my arms - but that was only after one of hubbys friends asked if i was german lol .. as for showering i only manage every 3 days when i MUST wash my hair and i only have one LO - i manage to bath him every day but my personal care seems to have gone out the window
  • hehehe I have only shaved my legs once since Sophia was born so that once in 6 weeks!!! x