Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeding and sleeping habits

I was just wondering what everyone else's babies were doing with sleeping and eating. Mine (who still has no name, oops) is tending to feed and an off for a good couple of hours then sleep for 2-3, although at night he is tending to only feed for about 10 mins then sleep for about 2 hours. I'm not sure if he is actually feeding all the time or jut comfort sucking for half of it, but if I try to take him off he usually starts feeding properly again.

I just can;t remember what is normal for a newborn. I only remember DS1 spending half the day screaming and fingers crossed this one seems to be more chilled out...

I'd love to hear what your LOs were doing, xxx

Replies

• Hi

Raeya is 10 days old today and on average she is sleeping for 3 hours, feeds for about 30mins. a couple of days ago when I think she was having a growth spurt she was feeding nearly every 2 hrs.

I'm not sure if that's normal or not but Raeya seems happy enough and had her weighed today and she's gaining nicely so I'm not worried.

I hope that helps anyhow image

xx
  • Hi
    Olivia is 2 weeks and is formula fed.
    She takes between 3 and 4 oz every 3 - 4 hours so is feeding quite well she does often spend a couple of hours awake between feeds during the day so I hold her and talk to her at those times. She went a few nights deciding she wanted to be awake at around 4am so I fed and changed her and put her back in her moses basket and she self settled. She's gaining weight nicely and is now 6lb 12oz.
    We have only had 3 unsettled nights with her so far so hopefully things will stay the same but somehow I very much doubt it!!!
    xx