Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Are you a Mum a Mam??

Hi girls, just a bit of fun!
I'm from near Middlesbrough and I'm a Mam!

Vic xx

Replies

• Aww I'm a Mummy and a yummy one at that!!! xx
  • Well i'm a Mumma! But then my LO's have 2 mummies, so my partner is mummy and i'm Mumma!!
    xXx
  • I'm Mummy or mum although our daughter did go through a stage of calling me mumma for a little while when she was a toddler image x
  • I'm mummy or Maman depending on whether I speak to her in English or French image
  • aww minnie thats sweet I guess I am an Anne too (pronounced annay) as hubs is turkish and that is what he calls me to her! xxx
  • Being english i'd like to be a mum/mummy, however my hubby is welsh so refers to me as mam or mammy so I guess Evan will choose for himself when he's old enough
  • My oh is Kenyan and over there the mum takes the oldest baby's name so to all of his family I'm MummaJason but I call myself Mummy.
  • I'm from Newcastle and so am Mam or Mammy x
  • I am a mummy but when my DS was little he used to call me mumma but he out grew that so mummy or MUM! If I am not listening lol
  • Littlelyns, is your hubby going to teach Turkish to your lo? I try to speak French to Millie as much as I can and hope she will just pick it up.
  • Hi Minnie I was going to ask the same thing. Oh is talking to lo in Swahili. I was wondering if it'll have any affect on his speach development but babies are so clever hopefully being bilingual will come naturally.
  • It's a great idea ladies if u speak 2 languages starting earlier the better. I used to be a nursery nurse as meet so many children that speak 2 languages u do find they speak later tho wish I could speak another language xx
  • That's great Faithie, I think it will work. I was warned that they may take a bit longer to talk, as they need to figure out which words go in which language but it is not an issue. I was told that doing baby sign language helps, because it makes them realise that the english word and the foreign word mean the same thing as they are represented by the same sign. I am thinking about starting sign and sing with Millie.