Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

FAO Mummy Lintern

How are you doing with feeding now? How are you feeling about it all? I decided to quit yesterday, was in agony so called it a day, cried most of yesterday and today want to BF again!! Hope you are ok, just wondered how you were feeling about it all xxxx

Replies

• hi i ama bit better today , am still expressin bout 6 oz a day AND LIKE U KEEP wanting to do a bf. . its tough isnt it keep expressing as cant seem to let go of the option. i know i have done right tho as i can focus on my lil boy now and thats good. just be so proud of how far yu made it , u did so much xxx my hv said remember what u have done not what u havent and she is right . it does get easier when u see how much more able to cope u r and how muvh happier u both r
  • Well I ended up in hospital last night, I have an abcess and I'm in agony! My boob is still filling up and there is no way I can empty it, got to go to a breast clinic tomorrow to get the abcess drained!!! I cannot go through any more now!!!

I'm looking forward to just enjoying my baby now!!! Glad you are feeling better! It's such a stress, not sure I'd consider BFing again if I had another child!!! xxx
  • So sorry to hear that hope u r better soon . U will soon be able to enjoy looking after ur lo and be out of pain x x
  • Hi sorry to just gate crash but just wanted to say i had this problem but mine had gone on for 4 weeks, i had my boob drained but the next day it split open cos the pressure was to much. but after the releif was amazing.
    I hope you are felling better\!
    xx
  • The doctor had to take a scalpel to my breast and cut about an inch wide, it was painful but the pressure has gone- he said it was about to burst! I want to stop BFing on the other side now too, how the hell do I stop my milk supply??? xx
  • i was wondering this aswell as i am expressing each day but not getting much .. think i need to just give it up now ,., how are you feeling about it all now littlelyns xxx
  • I asked this in the BF forum and was told it would dry up just by cutting down over several days! I think I just need to stop now too! I'm feeling ok. I was very proud to be a breastfeeder but she is getting much more care and attention now, just not from me at the moment as I cant even lift her-good job her daddy is off work!! I guess I'm getting over it-it just wasnt how I imagined it would be!

Hope you and Jacob are doing ok? How is he at taking the formula? Are you getting a break now? Have you had some rest? xxx
  • he is better but now gets bad wind lol and still seems to be always hungry - we cant win can we... am getting more rest on a night as daddy helps with feeds but hubby works shifts so the evenings are tough as his wind can be very bad so he tarely settles after a feed .. but at least i know he isnt starving now and i can leave the sofa ............ no one warns u how tough it is do they .............
  • Sorry to GC guys but i feel that the three of us have been going through the mill together on some similar level. Just wanted to say that you've both done so well and to echo your view that BF is much bloody harder than it should be! We're tested at every turn but in the long run we have to do what is best for mum and baby together and BF is not always that.
    Nearly 6weeks in (and after 4weeks of hell) i'm still BF but now topping up with formula after every feed. This is mainly due to baby's weight issues but also that i just couldn't cope with a starving baby any longer, it just felt so cruel. I contemplate giving up BF every day and almost every feed but when i think about the feed possibly being the last i just can't do it.
    I think you've both done amazingly well and come to the right decisions for your individual circumstances.
    Good luck to both of you
    mummaJ
    xXx
  • Hi Ladies! I just wanted to say that you have both done a great job! I was totally devastated not to be able to breast feed - my milk just never came in at all. I still cry about it and feel very jealous of anyone who has been able to breast feed successfully. Every single mouthful of milk that your baby has got from you has done them good and you have given them such a good start. Its not as simple as they make out and sometimes the help just isn't there either. You have to do what is best for you and the baby xx
  • Thanksfor the support ladies .mummaj how far u have come do u feel proud of yourself ? I do wonder if it's me who isn't coping or if we have just had a bad time of it
  • Unfortunately i don't feel proud i feel disappointed. Stupid really i know but can't help it. The last 6weeks has been a blur and i can't believe how simply wanting to feed your baby can be so hard and so full of guilt at every turn.

MummyLintern it has nothing to do with you not coping, you've had it rough and we can only do our best. You can only struggle so much and we deserve to enjoy our babies.

Goddam it your right, i should be proud, as should we all, no matter how long or short our journey!

xXx
  • It really does help when people do say that I should be proud because I feel like such a failure!!! I think I was very naive in thinking it would be easy! I think everyone just has different experiences!! I miss it so much but then I've still been putting her to the breast the last few days and she just screams so I'm reminded it isnt this beautiful bonding experience!

MummyLintern, it's not just you not coping!!!!! It's just been a lot tougher for you than most- it's just not meant to be for some of us!!!

Take care!!!! xxxx