Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Is everyone sorted?

For our gorgeous babies' first birthdays??!
It hit home today when we were talking about the infant Xmas play at school which is the day after Gracie's birthday...I just thought 'omg, she's one three weeks tomorrow!'
I've got her most of her presents and a party outfit etc but really nneed to get her party invitations out! We've made the boys their 1st birthday invites on the computer with a pic etc so tradition reigns and as hubby said yesterday, this'll be the last one we'll do :cry:
How's everyone else getting on planning a first birthday and Xmas!? I'm so excited about it all! Just a big kid really!

Replies

• I was planning on getting everything sorted next week and then my lovely employers decided to change their mind about my annual leave and said I had to go to work! I am contemplating punching my line-manager and telling her to shove her job and her ego up her arse!! I am finding it very hard to feel excited about anything at the mo... image
  • I've just organised Bryn's christening for his 1st birthday - so thats that sorted - haven't got any pressies or anything yet though!

Lisa - hope things get better at work x
  • we had planned to get all bday stuff sorted on sat (payday!) but then hubby arranged for FIL to visit and I went a bit mad as its the only day we have to shop! image so overreacted quite alot...anyway we still goin on sat just later. Gonna get party invites etc as well as bday outfit and presents. Nots loads tho- but still exciting! xx
  • We have a bit longer thankfully as Brens bday isn't until the 2nd Jan. I sent e-mail invites out a while ago as we are having a small party for him on the 1st Jan and wanted to prepare people who may have other plans. I'm going to get some paper invites to post out in the next week or so, no pressies yet but I think we are going to get him a swing/ slide for the garden and have asked people to put money towards that for either his birthday or Christmas.
    I was looking for a nice outfit for him when we were in the UK, partly for his birthday but also because we are going to our nephews christening while we are back. There are so many lovely party dresses and hardly anything for boys! x
  • Max is not having a party outfit (unless I just see something) as it is another expense we can't manage at the mo and he is having 2 parties and I wouldn't be able or be bothered towash and dry it between!

On Sat we are going out for lunch with my mum and dad, mil and fil, sil and fiance and sil and boyfriend, to a restaurant that does Baby meals (check them out Gusto restaurants - yummy italian chain!)

Then that night by bro and sil are coming to take me and hubby out to dinner (they can't make lunch as bro flies in that morning) get rid of inlaws and my family are staying over night.

Then sunday pm have all Max's friends coming for birthday tea!

Pressies bought but nothing over board - just a garage and some cars, a ball and a puzzle.
  • i know its scary our little babies are growing up far too fast and turning into cheeky monkeys! well fin is anyway!!! I have sent out party invites for kiddie do on the 5th december at a fun farm and going to get party bags with some goodies in it. then on his actual bday 6th dec having my family and hubbies family over may do one lot morning and then others afternoon as hardly any parking and im making a cake and just having little tea party!

my mum brought him an outfit for xmas day from next - gorge tweed type trousers and lovely blue thin jumper, then a trendy orange hoodie but cute for bday!

liz - you said you were looking for outfit - its soooo hard for boys but next do a nice range and you can order on-line also i got fin pinstriped trousers and waistcoat sooooo cute for a wedding and he's worn that twice!bren would look yummy in something like that!

pressies - more or less sorted but cant stop buying - last week spoted this wicked board book postman pat that has a wind up van and then one side of book opens up into 3 tracks that the van drive round on....also a selection of in the night garden books and a push and go noisy digger!anyway he's got plenty now with bricks, mobile, ball thing the list can go on so just going to split them beween bday and xmas!

need to get the rest of the family some pressies as its all fin at mo!

x

• Wow sounds like you are all really organised! I am deffo not, I have all Hollys presents bought (have gone a bit over borard) but she won't be having a party or anything simply because she has only got one or 2 baby friends over here . My oh's mum and dad are coming over on the 4th of December so we will do SOMETHING for her birthday just really not sure what!
  • baby restaurant meals-sounds good!
    As Elijahs bday on 21st dec, we are taking him to a farm/ballpool/park thing (lol), just me and hubby on the 20th. Then on his actualy bday we are having a family party for him with just a few baby friends, but mostly relatives image x
  • sorted for a pressie but thats about it! i'd booked the afternoon off as dave goes to work in the morning and then he comes back and i go straight out. now my mums offered to look after the boys in the morning so i might work - (its only 3 hours) so we'll be able to have a birthday tea!
    I did mention to my hubby it would be a shame to miss going to the toddler group as they sing happy birthday to whoevers birthday it is and he just thought i was sad! he also pointed out that he never gets to go and he misses out everyweek but if he's ever been off and i've asked him to take them he's declined!!
    aswell as his trike i've got noah a lot of second hand stuff as there was a sale near us recently with loads of good stuff. also books!!
    I have 2 friends and their boys were born on the same day as noah so it would be nice to have a little get-together but we're having trouble getting a time we can all do it!
  • Oh HollysMummy., I am so relieved that you haven't organised a party! I was feeling a really horrid Mummy cos I haven't booked one for Maddy. Maddy only has one or two baby friends too so didn't think there would be enough people for a party!! The family will be doing something though. I have been buying bits here and there and finally put it all in one place and thought... OMG!!! There's loads!! Lol XXX
  • When I say we are having a party for Bren I don't think there will be any babies there! Just family and a few friends (probably all hung over on New Years Day lol!).
    Main kiddies party Bren is going to have is when we all meet up on the 29th which I am really looking forward to! x
  • Im going to order a cake this week not sure what to go for though? I was thinking either something pink saying Hollys 1st birthday or an iggle piggle cake. Whats everyone else going for?
  • Everyone is sooo much more organised than me!! I've booked the church for his baptism but thats it - no cake, no pressies - nothing!! I'll go shopping next week!
    Amy - I'm getting a rich fruit cake for the christening and a small 'normal' birthday cake from Tesco. I haven't gone overboard on the other 2 so I can't really with Bryn! x
  • My mummy is making the cakes for us! One for the family on Saturday after our lunch out and 2 for his party on sunday - one simple sponge that the babies can eat and one yummy chocolate one that the adults will have!

Here is the website of the chain of restaurants that we are going to that do baby menu - you can check out if there is one near you and what is on the baby menu!
    http://www.gustorestaurants.uk.com/
  • well i've had my practise run tonight for fin's brithday cake - chocolate with white milky buttons and choc chip in and on top... just done it round but may try doing a 1?!!!

i was going to buy one as there are some lovely ones about and cheap but id said ages ago im making one so sticking to it! may buy one as back up - in the noight garden one in tescos maybe!!!

• omg the year has FLOWN!! i love so much being ryans mummy and cant wait to see his little face on his birthday!!
    how exciting, hope everyone posts birth(day) stories lol!! hehe xx