Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Coles eye appt

We had Coles 2nd eye appointment this evening (4.30..dumbass time but apparently that was the earliest!) - and the consultant was wonderful with Cole. Unfortunately as it was getting on towards bedtime, Cole was getting a little grumpy and fidgity so he didn't get to look at the back of his eyes properly but he has confirmed Cole doesn't need glasses which is great.

I think if he'd seen any obvious signs of lazy eye he'd have said, especially as he noticed my lazy eye - but I'm just so relieved that Cole hasn't inherited anything too bad off me cause I think i'd just feel so guilty if he did. We go back in 3 months for another (daytime!!) appointment where hopefully they'll get to look at the back of his eyes properly to check him out again, but at least so far its good news.

Hope all the other babies are doing ok
xx

Replies

• ah glad hes doin well, bless him. And great news xxx
  • Fab news, glad it all went well xx
  • Good news - what a stupid appointment time for a little one though! x
  • Oh, I am glad Kia. I know how it was playing on your mind so I am glad you now know for certain that you have nothing to feel guilty about!!
  • im so glad it's bad enough fin having to have glasses and a lazy eye - sounds silly but would wish another little one to have to go through all this crap!!! funny you said about appointment we had fins at 4pm yesterday and he was soooo fidegty and tired!!!

• Awwww thats great news, see nothing for you to feel guilty about! xxx
  • Great news - oh and thanks for the meet up link - nice to see peeps!
  • fantastic news kia, shame they didn't get to see the back of his eye first time around but great there wasn't anything odd they could see straight off. i would imagine however if you haven't noticed a problem with his sight that'll probably be fine anyway. good luck with the next appt, however, had there been something wrong i think it would have been a real shame for you to blame yourself, it's something you have absolutely no control over not something caused because you were a chain smoker through pregnancy or guzzled gallons of alcohol etc
  • oh god soooo don't blame yourself!!! with fins eyes they said that the short sightedness has prob come from hubby - but the lazy eye would have just been ginetic makeup and theres nothing that would have caused it it was just going to happen!!!

xxx
  • Great news...only just seen this so sorry for delay! Gotta be swift on here these days!
  • ah well done cole's healthy eyes! i do wonder if ryan will inherit my families short sightedness, but if he looks anything like fin with his glasses on he will be a ladykiller! xxx
  • Glad you came back with good news. My eldest had a lazy eye when she was a baby and she grew out of it without any interventions. Im sure he will be fine!