Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Couple time

Last night my oh and I finally got a chance to sit down and relax together, I cant remember the last time we had just one night to ourselves without laptops, telly, Holly ect It was soooo nice being able to spend time together and have some "couple" time although I do confess we got through 2 bottles of wine and some gin eeeeeekkkk.No wonder my head hurts this morning!!

Do you all get to spend some "couple time" with your oh's? Its not very easy for us, its not like we can ask someone to watch Holly while we go out for a meal or cinema ect we'd have to fly people over and then we'd want to spend time with them coz we hardly see our family. But on the up side my oh won't be going to Iraq or Afganistan so Im not grumbling! xxx

Replies

• oh bless you... bet that was nice although i sooo couldn't drink that much now!!!we've had a few nights out for meals etc and had my mum to babysit and had 3 nights when he's slept out!!!
    when fins in bed i go on here then we wash and make bottles and clear up and hubby usually has to unload van and do stuff for next day which takes us up to about 9.30 so get about half hour together but usually telly is on to be fair!!!

so what is it you bloke does??? is he in the army??

xxx
  • Hubby has gone off to Barcenlona today on a stag do til Monday. This is the 3rd lads weekend away he has had in just over a year, but we haven't been away at all as a couple at all. He says we just need to plan it so we can afford it (we can't bloody afford it because he keeps going away - and when he says we he means me!) So that's what I'd like a romantic mni break away in a lovely country hotel.

El x
  • Couple time what that!!!!!!!!! Mind you has recentley started to go down to sleep a bit earlier so we have had an hour before bed by ourselves and I did get a back massage last night image Think any nights out by ourselves will probably been a bit further down the line if I can get him to go to bed around 7.30-8 (he currentley is now 8.30-9.30) then who knows we could have a meal out if I can get someone to babysit
  • He was in the RAF and last year when he was in Iraq (for 10 wks) was when I found out I was pregnant so had to tell him over the phone and he only just got back the day before my first scan and then spent loads of my pregnancy away. They even wanted him to go to Spain for the whole of December!! So we decided that he would leave the RAF and get a job in civvie street because he doesnt want to miss out on Holly growing up, some of his mates have 3-4yr olds and have never been home for their birthdays! It worked out really well when he left because he had 6 months paid leave so he finished work the day before I had Holly then had 3 months at home with us image

El sounds like you need to put your foot down! Id get planning so he can't say no, I hope you get a mini break soon xxx
  • oh wow... good on him wanting to be with family and putting you first!!!!

my hubby is going bug ja - vw weekend in july... its two nights but 3 full days... hard work on my todd so ive aked him to ask his dad and partner if they'd have him for a night and part of the day... im not even going to go out just sleep!!!!
    then have girlie friends over on the other night, they can help with fin!!!

i have got a hen do in august which will mean a night away!!!

xx
  • Holly's Mummy I've tried putting my foot down but it doesn't work. I just get annoyed that I feel guity about spending ??4.50 on a pair of new trousers for work and ??5 on 3 vest tops from asda and he's happy to blow ??500 on a stag do. My money after the bills goes on the kids and his seems to go on himself - I even suggested he take a packed lunch to work everyday, that didn't go down very well! Think I've just got PMT I always feel pissy with him at this time of the month.

El x
  • Oh dear, I know where you are coming from !! I must admit my oh is pretty good but sometimes he just doesnt think and will spend silly amounts of money on a gadget or a game ect but like you I feel guilty if I buy anything for myself. Sending you huge hugs xxx
  • Can you send me dairy milk too!?! I'm resiting heading for the treat cupboard and have instead opted for a diet coke but it's not the same, I hate periods.
  • Will galaxy do? Or lint??? Over here the dairy milk is like it used to be about 20 years ago in foil and paper and it doesnt taste the same.
  • Sounds lovely Amy! We either have lappy's on each, and telly on! Tonight we've got a dvd out so no net 4 us!
    El, you need a girly weekend sorted and soon! My hubby's going to a party with the Uni lads (men lol) tom nt and that's his 1st nt away since at least a year ago. He was gonna go on a stag do end July but I put my foot down as he can't have all the fun! And we're now going caravanning with friends so he's 'sacrificed' it, well he'd better had do!
    I'm trying to sort a girly night away perhaps a spa (but one where you can drink!) as not been away for about 2 years (sil's hen do and only ended up stayin 2 miles away from home!).
    We've just sorted a babysitter for Sun night tho to go to a gig of our friends' band. Can't wait! And his leaving do's coming up so that's another night out, even if it is with a bunch o teachers!
  • haha, I'm obviously not having couple time tonight cos I'm on here but I'm watching corrie too so multi tasking!!

oh went away for a walking weekend with his dad, best mate and family (yawn!) in May and I had a belated hen night and me and lo stayed at my mum's - the next day I just slept as had to get up at 4am when a bit pissed still!! Is hard for the first time though as you get no help but made me realise how much oh does normally!!

I have sil's hen night at a spa soon too but that's just the morning as don't wan t to be away for much longer!!!

Might put laptop away in a sec too and have half an hour of 'couple time' before BB! Although we got to clean house as we have a viewing tomorrow!

Ever feel like there's not enough hours in the day?!?!?!?!?

xxxx
  • Couple time - erm... I'll google it and get back to you - not sure what it is!!

I've only had 2 nights away from Ophelia since she was born 3 years ago and one of those nights was when I had Bryn! Hubby and I have only had 2 evenings out together without the kids in 3 years.

Really think I need to google 'social life' too!! lol
    xx

• Em - I thought you might have something to say on this one!

What about 'me' time? Anyone having any of that I know the daddies seem to be getting it!
  • Me time?? Nope deffo dont get that, only time I get to myself is to do house work or grab a shower lol but lo is always about somewhere xxx
  • never have ME time............. wouldn't it be nice to have the afternoon in the house on your own - the house already clean jobs all done............. chill in the bath without having to rush or have lo watching you, actually wash my hair ooo and treaty myself by drying it and straightening it without being disturbed... then sit on sofa with lots of chocolate and a chick flic or fav soaps and chill/..................................dreaming sorry........................
  • Oh god El, I really am predictable aren't I!!

Actually going out for a meal with some friends on friday - really looking forward to it - hubby isn't - friday night is the night we have his other 2 over to stay, so he'll be on his tod with 4 kids!!

Charlotte that sounds like bliss! x
  • Pure bliss....and a dream for now!
    Em- have a great night on Friday! I think I've had one night out since Gracie's been born on my own (can't remember any others anyway!) and then I was driving!

Well, I 'survived' my night alone with 3 kids last night lol. Hubby went when the boys were in bed, I fed Gracie as usual, put her to bed and......she so wanted to join mummy watching PS I Love You, as she woke 3 times (the last time I brought her down and we snuggled!). She then woke about 7 times during the night for dummy and ended up in my bed at 3 ish i think! What a tinker! Still, the boys weren't up til 8 so at least I only had one awake in my bed at 6.45!
    Anyway, he says I've got a night off in the bank (too bloody right, he doesn't need to tell me that!).
    And we're out tonight with friends, if i stay awake til then...doesn't start til 9pm! Not staying till 1am either!