Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

He is here- finally!

Hello ladies! Suz here!

Thought id let you all know that George made an appearance into this world on 30/01/10 weighing 7lb12oz, 17 days late!!!!

Its a long story so i wont bore you all but in short: went in hospital to be induced on 25th jan (12 days over due), had 6 pesseries over 5 days and had an caesarian in the end (my choice, couldnt go through the pain any more). They wanted to carry on with the pesseries but the surgeon carrying out the section said that it wouldnt have worked anyway- apparently im the 1 in 100 it doesnt! So glad i followed my instincts!

Touch wood, Alfie has been great with George but punished me and hubby for leaving him for a week by having some major tantrums! Seems to be back to normal now so fingers crossed he will stay that way!

Hope everyone is doing well

lots of love Suz x

Replies

• Options
    Ah congrats honey! And well done. I dont blame you having a caesarean, i had an unbearably long labour last time & was practically shouting at them for a section by the end-lol. Welcome to the world baby George. Im sure Alfie will settle with you when he realises youre not going anywhere again xxx
  • Options
    Replied to you on fb but I just thought I'd say congrats on here.

Did they not try anything more than the pesseries? Bloody useless people don't care if you're in agony for 5 days and doing a 10 month pregnancy.....it kills 1 in 8 women in developing countries about as 'natural' as gangreen I'd say! Sorry I don't do 'natural' labours either - rant over!
  • Options
    WELCOME BABY GEORGE

Congratulations to you all!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I've not been on here properly for so long I've lost track of all the new arrivals! So pleased you are both well, must have been awful for you but I suppose in the end you were just relieved to have him safe and well!

xxx
  • Options
    Huge congratulations! That is fab news! xx
  • Options
    Congrats again! I practically stalked you on FB for progress reports lol. So glad baby George finally came for mummy snuggles and that Alfie's now being a good big brother! Bet big sis is a great help too.
    Love ali x
  • Options
    Congratulations, am so glad he arrived safely for you x
  • Options
    congratulations - how are you all getting on? seems wierd to think of a new born baby when i still consider Noah to be my baby!
    much love x
  • Options
    yey congrats sweetie! hows things? hows are you getting on with toddler and baby??

• Options
    Congratulations chick!! Big hugs from Maddy and me. Hope it's all going smoothly! XXX
  • Options
    OMG- the sleep deprivation!!!! I had forgotton!

Thanks for all the messages. Life is certainly hectic at the moment- 1 newborn, 1 toddler and 1 nearly teenager!!!

George is a little star, Alfie on the other hand is.............. i dont know if theres a word to describe him lol!

Star11, luckily for me, George has been quite good (cross fingers it lasts!) + alfie has been good with him but juggling all 3 of them is a definate challenge! ie, when george wakes at about 5am for a feed and by the time i settle him, alfie tries to get up. When i eventually get alfie back to bed its time for megan to get up for school. When i sit down both boys wake up for a feed/bottom change/breakfast etc,etc all at the same time!!! Can i just shout arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! that feels better lol!

Hows it going with your boys? How old is Mason now? Please let me know as it will be nice to talk to someone in the same boat!!

Suz x
  • Options
    hi sweetie, i sooo know how you feel - were still struggerling along with not much routine... really going to try in necxt couple of weeks as its making things rather hard!

Mason is 12 weeks today............. fin loves him so thats fab and we dont really have jealously thing but i do get upset when i want to cuddle up with fin and cant becausae mason crying etc...

my email is lottie.matthews@btinternet.com if you want to email me!

xxxx