Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Isn't it ironic...

...don't you think? as sang Alanis Morissette!
We both didn't really want to go to bil's party tonight (not been v nice to sil) but after much deliberation and the thought of having a night off from the kids (with a lie in!) we decided to go.... Now we can't go as Gracie's still being sick and only wants cuddles and snoozes. The ironic bit being that we were actually quite lkg 4ward to a boozy night! Oh well...dvd and washing sicky bed clothes it is! Hoping mum n dad still have the boys....

Replies

• Options
    Typical!

Poor little Gracie, hope she feels better soon. Hope the DVD is good, think you should get a bottle of something to go with it! xx
  • Options
    We have Liz and Chez's gone to get a takeaway and dvd now while i've got a sleeping Gracie in my arms.
    I rang NHS direct earlier to see what they advise re food n drink and now they tell you not to fast...keep giving normal diet, esp carbs, and can even have dairy still. They even say still feed them even if they're sick, as some of it staying down is better than none in the first place. She's had a toast soldier and 8oz milk and has slept since...no sick, touchwood, yet.
  • Options
    Oh no poor gracie (and you!) hope she feels better soon, zachariah has been a sicky baby all week it started with vomiting and then to pooping.... At first we were told to feed as normal then I was told get him dioralite and water the first day then 50/50 milk to water the second then milk 3rd my poor little un has been terrible BUT it looks like a break through today as he's had food!!!!! I was worried about giving no food for days (5) but dr said they can manage a month on just milk! Nhsdirect were great for reassurance too.......... Really hope she's better soon!
  • Options
    oh poor gracie - not very nice for you or her!

• Options
    Sooo many sicky babies and mummies out there! Hope Gracie is feeling better and Zachariah continues to keep eating. xxx
  • Options
    Hope u managed to relax a little. nhs direct told me to lay off the milk when lije was bein sick? xx