Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Made me giggle...

Hello all.... well after a terrible day yesterday and not feeling so hot today, Bryn seems to have the flu bug now :cry: ... Obviously that's not what made me giggle... I asked Dave to read to Fee last night as I could hardly keep my eyes open.. she chose a number of poems from a book she was given at school.... watching hubby read this particular one out made me smile somewhat! (sorry to any cumbrian sheep farmers - don't mean to offend!!).

Yan, Tan, Tether - Cumbrian way of counting sheep - 1-20

yan, tan, tether, mether, pimp
Sether, hether, hother, dother, dick
Yan dick, tan dick, tether dick, mether dick, bumfit
Yan bumfit, tan bumfit, tether bumfit, mether bumfit, gigot

Ok so maybe having a high temp made it a bit funnier! image

Replies

• Options
    think i would have laughed at hubby reading that espcially as bedtime story...hehehe

hopeyou all feel better soon - fin got cold again and it just means distruped sleep and moody child - oh the joys when i'm about to pop!!!

• Options
    I'd have been giggleing at Jay trying to read that too lol.

Hope ur all better soon, Oh's full of a cold at the minute, but luckily me & Rhys seem to be ok, though he's still a little chesty from his chest infection.
  • Options
    Lol, that's pure class!
    Hope you feel well again soon x
  • Options
    Brilliant! Will have to give that to Oggy to try, got to be better than Lord of the Rings which is what Philip gets when dad reads the bedtime story!!

Hope Bryn (and you!) are better soon, i'm sat listening to John coughing like mad, philip snorting/snoring and anna coughing! All dosed up to the eyeballs with cough medicine, inhalers, calpol etc, looks like a sleepless night in order here too! x
  • Options
    Lol funny. Its def not your high temperature - hubby and I both had a good laugh! He says thank god he's not cumbrian lol.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.. cole is coughing and snorting and snotting too.. dosed up as much as I can but now I can't even buy him any sodding calcold until he's 6 sigh!

Hope everyone gets ok nights sleep

xxx
  • Options
    Lol i bet hubby was very pleased to read that!! lol xx
  • Options
    So many ill people and children about.... I'm off to the docs today as my nebuliser has broken and I'm struggling a bit... Bryn is still not himself - he was up all last night and he was so hot you could have fried an egg on him (not that I tried!!).... Dave seems to be coming down with it now - fingers crossed no one else will get it! I did ask him to cancel having his other 2 over this evening as I don't think it's fair on them or us but he said his ex wouldn't be happy - sod me then!!! grrrrr

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed the 'poem' and def get someone else to read it to the kids - preferably someone who hasn't read it before then see the look on their faces! hehe

Big hugs to all the ill little ones and mummies (I'll leave the hugs for daddies to you lot!) xx
  • Options
    lol that is hilarious!

I've been poorly with an awful migraine the last couple of days, so rubbish being poorly! Think Jacob may be coming down with a cold as he has been a bit snotty poor thing!

Hope everyone feels better soon! xx
  • Options
    Just come back from the docs - I have swine flu and a chest infection image(...... need to find more to giggle about! xx

Liz - migraine and children - never a good combo! get better soon x
  • Options
    Hope you are better soon Em, did they give you anto-biotics and tamiflu or leaving you to your own devices.

Big hugs xx
  • Options
    What a lovely combination Em! Really hope you feel better soon you poor thing! xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Helen and Liz - they gave me antibiotics - i was offered tamiflu but decided to stick with just the others - the side effects on the antibs were enough!! Feeling really weak, lightheaded and my chest still hurts - hoping to feeling loads better asap. Bryn is still very poorly - he's been asleep on Dave for most of the morning and his temp keeps going back up again. Everyone else in the family has colds now but hopefully nothing more serious. Hope you're ok

Take care xxx