Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

stupid stupid stupid

COWBAG yes you guessed it I am talking about my mil AGAIN!

She is now accusing me of not feeding my hubbie properly and therefore making him ill!
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The story goes that before I got Preg we BOTH needed to lose weight so I started at weight watchers and hubbie followed it too! We cut out most bread as this was LOADS of points so hubbie started taking cereal to work for his lunch instead of sandwiches. He has NEVER EVER in all the time I have known him had breakfast when he has to go to work as he is a lazy sod and wants to spend the most amount of time in bed as poss. So he and I both lost a LOT of weight (which we needed to) but now he has stabilised his - I still need to lose some. The taking cereal to work kind of stuck until a few weeks ago when he said he'd like to take sandwiches again so I bought the necessary things from the supermarket for him.

The last few months he has been getting loads of colds and bugs and I have tried to encourage him to either take some time off work to actually get properly better, or maybe take vit C or see the doc and see if there is something underlying as he does not normally get so many little things. BUT he won't listen and I am sick of seeming like a nagger so have shut up about it all. Also we are both getting less sleep than pre-Max (obv) and as Max is at nursery he comes home with a different cold or cough everyweek so we are exposed to more so are likely to get more anyway.

So last night on the phone - hubbie has a cold again and his mum says oh you sound awful is SHE looking after you properly so hubbie says it's just a cold I'm ok. So the reply comes - if she was to allow you to eat more I am sure you wouldn't keep getting ill - WTF I do NOT and have NEVER told himwhat to eat or stopped him eating ANYTHING he is his own person! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR! Anyway hubbie says I eat what I should for a person of my size (she over feeds all her family - she cooks about 3kg of potatos for a meal for 4 people NO JOKE!) and she sarkily says 'oh what's that 2 bowls of cereal a day' - he was able to say No actually I have sandwiches now not that it is any of your business'

I know I shouldn't care but it really bugs me that A) she thinks I am some kind of control freak and 'rule' over him - just cos she is like this with his dad and sister but she can't be with him she thinks I must be! and B) that she thinks someone who loves her son would 'starve' him

Ok off to take a deep breath!!!!! :lol:

Replies

• (edited as ad was in the way - sorry!)

COWBAG yes you guessed it I am talking about my mil AGAIN!

She is now accusing me of not feeding my hubbie properly and therefore making him ill!
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The story goes that before I got Preg we BOTH needed to lose weight so I started at weight watchers and hubbie followed it too! We cut out most bread as this was LOADS of points so hubbie started taking cereal to work for his lunch instead of sandwiches. He has NEVER EVER in all the time I have known him had breakfast when he has to go to work as he is a lazy sod and wants to spend the most amount of time in bed as poss. So he and I both lost a LOT of weight (which we needed to) but now he has stabilised his - I still need to lose some. The taking cereal to work kind of stuck until a few weeks ago when he said he'd like to take sandwiches again so I bought the necessary things from the supermarket for him.

The last few months he has been getting loads of colds and bugs and I have tried to encourage him to either take some time off work to actually get properly better, or maybe take vit C or see the doc and see if there is something underlying as he does not normally get so many little things. BUT he won't listen and I am sick of seeming like a nagger so have shut up about it all. Also we are both getting less sleep than pre-Max (obv) and as Max is at nursery he comes home with a different cold or cough everyweek so we are exposed to more so are likely to get more anyway.

So last night on the phone - hubbie has a cold again and his mum says oh you sound awful is SHE looking after you properly so hubbie says it's just a cold I'm ok. So the reply comes - if she was to allow you to eat more I am sure you wouldn't keep getting ill - WTF I do NOT and have NEVER told himwhat to eat or stopped him eating ANYTHING he is his own person! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR! Anyway hubbie says I eat what I should for a person of my size (she over feeds all her family - she cooks about 3kg of potatos for a meal for 4 people NO JOKE!) and she sarkily says 'oh what's that 2 bowls of cereal a day' - he was able to say No actually I have sandwiches now not that it is any of your business'

I know I shouldn't care but it really bugs me that A) she thinks I am some kind of control freak and 'rule' over him - just cos she is like this with his dad and sister but she can't be with him she thinks I must be! and B) that she thinks someone who loves her son would 'starve' him

Ok off to take a deep breath!!!!!
  • imageimageimage

Good god what is wrong with this woman??? Does she not realise that her ickle boy is a grown man??? She honestly thinks you ration his food??? Thats beyond belief! You and Liz ought to start a group for women with demented mils!!! image

I don't think i've got anything else to add because I am truly lost for words!! :roll: (oh and very thankful my mil is fairly normal!!)

Remember - take a deep breath - she is not worth a 20yr stretch inside - honestly she isn't!! image
  • Oh for gods sake, why cant they keep their opinions to themselves. Its none of her damn business!!! I do sympathise with you as my mil babied hubby b4 we moved here and still tries to hint that he is doing more than me with regards to elijah & washing up etc! The other day i was saying how exhausted i am (elijah still not sleeping) and she said "yes, even when you dont do anything its exhausting isnt it..." wanted to kill her! I dont get why they do it, it may just be that they have nothing better to worry about. And i know what you mean- you love him, course you want whats best for him. Sometimes mils just want to think they are the only ones who love their sons, they are jealous.
  • Think we need to give our MILs a big 'virtual' slap to make ourselves feel better!! Bluey is right they are just jealous and it is really pathetic that they can't just be happy that their sons are happy and have a wife and child of their own.

My mil got in a sulk with me on the phone yesterday as I mentioned to her about going to Skien hospital because of the Group B Strep. Turned out she knew nothing about me having the GBS as hubby hadn't said anything so she took the huff because we hadn't told her! I'm taking the stance I don't care anymore, it is her problem. She can't expect us to tell her everything we are doing, or be in a strop because we aren't doing what she thinks we should be.
    They are just sad lonely people who need to get a life! xx
  • Good Lordy! How old is your hubby? Does the woman not realise he's a grown man and has his own life and responsibilties?!
    They are indeed jealous of you these psycho mils and you should either take no notice and laugh it off, or just have a blow-out and tell her exactly what you think of her!
    I'm also grateful mine is normal, and only has the occasional 'moment' lol.
  • To those of you with sons - do you think we ought to print all the posts about mils out and keep them just to remind us not to turn out like that??? I know I'm probably going to be a mil before most of you (well hopefully not too soon!) and I must admit no girl Tristan has been out with yet is anywhere near good enough for him ( :roll: ) but I would like to think that I wont turn out like some of your mils!! image

Hopefully we will all be wonderful mils - but I think we've got plenty of time to grow into the role! lol
  • oh my god i'd be fuming as well! at least your hubby did stand up to her thats something i suppose!

xx
  • Omg what a cow!!!! At least your hubby told her what for though!!

I think it must be something about mil's acting like their kids havent' grown up! When we were at the il's last year, mil licked her finger and wiped a bit of muck of hubbys face! Eewwww! I asked him why he didn't stop her and he said 'well she hardly gave me a chance'. She'd better not try that with cole!!

Emma...good idea!! I do not want to be an evil mil!!!