Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Meet up plans

Hi.

Just thinking I should get a bit organised and make sure I know all the plans for the meet up on the 29th December as we leave for the UK on Sunday (woohoo!) and I may not get on here too often after that before the meet up.

Am I right in thinking we are meeting from 11am ish?

Ali - is it a big place, and if so what area are we planning on meeting in. I'm hoping I will recognise you all when I see you, but my pregnancy brain is already making everyday things difficult so I need all the help I can get lol!! ;\)

Anything we need to bring, other than los and money?

Also, is it easy to find and is there plenty of parking?

Sorry for the million questions!! :lol:

So who is definately going? xx

Replies

• :cry: not me!

Hope it iwll be fab for you all and can I ask that one piccie be posted on here as I am not on fb and so I miss out on all the piccies!!! :cry:
  • Liz- I'll be the one being a chicken and hiding in the toilets image

craftycharli - when I put photos on facebook I'll send you a link so you can see - I don't like public photos of us online cause i'm a paranoid loony image
  • oh cool that'd be great - THANKS!
  • In fact..I'll send you the pics of the last meetup too image
  • will look forward to seeing the photos on facebook as just far for me to travel too. Hope you all have a good time x
  • I'll definitely be there! I'll be the one trying to drag Kia out of the toilets!! Lol
  • lol, so are we meeting in the toilets then?!!

Jillycat, its a shame I'm at my MILs that weekend and not travelling from Yorkshire as my mums house is only about 30 mins from York so I could have given you a lift. Think we have worked out if we come back Skipton way it should only take an hour to get back to my mums that afternoon. Best excuse ever to get away from the MIL lol!

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone! x
  • too far for me image sob
    have a fab time xxxxxxxx

and its my bday!! ill be oooooooooooooooooolldd!!!
  • woo can't wait we'll def be there. Where bouts is it again Bein lazy and can't be bothered looking through original thread lol
  • Found the original thread and these are the details Ali put down for us:-

Dec 07 babies party Monday 29th December at Likkle Monkeys, Colne, Lancashire. www.likklemonkeys.co.uk
    Their address is: Corner of Lomeshawe Road/North Valley Road Colne,BB8 9LA

We are booked to be there between 11am -3pm so people can come and go, as obviously some have further to travel than others.

This is taken from their website for info:-

Adults & Babies Under 1's FREE

Mums & Tots every weekday morning (term time) only ??2.95 for up to 2 children with free drinks

CHILDREN 1-4 Weekends, after 2pm term time and during school holidays ??3.25

For those able to make it, maybe it would be a good idea to make sure we have each others mobile numbers just in case anyone gets lost! We could use the private group we have set up on facebook maybe?

xxx

• ooooooooo I'm so annoyed that I can't come! Blimming stock cars!!!

Hope you all have a brilliant time xx
  • Aaargghhhhh.....I don't get on all week then Gracie sabotages my reply!
    Not been on as mum n dad had internet explorer...say no more, Chez's now put them onto firefox so all safe!

Sorry Liz, hope you get this in time....
    LMs isn't huge at all and the lady will direct/show you down stairs. I'll ring them tom so they know the December babies' mums won't know where to go lol! And to check plans. Food is really good and they do a baby menu too.
    What time's everyone planning on meeeting?? I'll try to be there for the first arrival as I'm the only one who knows where it is!
    Really looking forward to it!

It's really easy to find, go to very end of M65 at Colne, go staight along the North Valley road which is the first exit off mway roundabout and carry on through traffic light/x-roads, a roundabout with a pub in the middle of it, a ped crossing, then two more sets of lights (Matalan on right) then it's first left after those lights, you can't miss it?!! The car park holds about 12 cars but there are streets around with no restrictions if it's full.
    Hopefully half the population of my school WON'T be there and we all have a fab time!!!
    I'll put my mobby on FB now....
    See ya all there ladies!
  • have a lovely time everyone!!!! believe me if it was a little closer i would def come - you never know if i wake up and think sod it i may turn up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
  • I still haven't cancelled the premierinn yet just in case the stock car day out is cancelled!! lol - I should be so lucky!! I hope you all have a lovely time and I'm looking forward to seeing all the pics xx
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the stock cars are cancelled! I wish, I wish, I wish that you were all a bit nearer so I could come and get you!! XXX
  • Aaargh! The stupid AA site won't let me do a routeplanner! Stupid site how else am I gonna get there!!! The likkle monkeys site only gives directions from the A65 which I haven't got a bloody clue how to get to!

Other than that I'm planning on getting all organised tonight, coles clothes are out, the car is full of petrol, just need to get his food ready - just hope they'll warm up his soup for him!!

Off to add peoples mobile numbers now and then go swear at the AA site again!!
  • Kia - have you tried the google maps site - i'm pretty sure they do a routeplanner thats quite good.

Dave still not home from stock cars - found out yesterday that there has been a change of plan and the racetrack wont be closing until the summer - so today wasn't that important!!! grrrrr

Look forward to seeing the pics xx
  • Eventually got the AA site to work and found a map I could zoom in on cause I have to check the end of the route due to being directionally challenged. Got all confused till I figured out it wasn't a junction to come off at the end but the end of the motorway! lol!

Grrr...that sucks Emma that you could have made it after all!
  • Hope you all have a fab day and looking forward to hearing about it all!
  • ooooooooooo did you have a good time! i was that close to joining you last min! my friend was lending me her sat nav and was going to come as had nothing much on but then though...mmmmm it is a very long way and my car is 4000 miles over due a service which we cant afford!!!!

anyway im gagging to know how it went and neeeeed to see some photos!

xx