Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Half term holidays

Whats everyone doing over the half term holidays? (for those of you who have lo's in pre-school/school)
I've been working this week but have the next 2 days off. am off to woodlands tomorrow and then to see family and then friday I'm looking after a friends little boy for a couple of hours. The boys seem to have enjoyed been at home and playing with their toys as they seem to be out a lot with school/pre-school a lot since my hours changed at work.

Replies

• Report writing :x

Catching up with friends :\)

Dealing with household paper work image ....I quite enjoy organising things - I'm a weirdo!

Complaining to NEXT about their mattress with a metal spike coming out and sorting a replacement and compensation! :x

[Modified by: ~~~El~~~ on February 18, 2010 10:51 AM]

• We're off to the UK tomorrow for just over a week as hubbies half term is next week. We've got to sort out our stuff that is left in a house my Dad owned and left to my brother and I as we are selling it soon. Other than that hopefully going to catch up with some friends, make the most of fish and chips, chinese take aways, and having my Mum babysit for an evening so hubby and I can go out for a meal! xx
  • I posted a reply to this this morning but it seems to have disappeared! :roll:

Haven't done much this week - Fee went out for the whole day yesterday with her best friend and their family to the donkey park - so I managed to sort out some of the toys without her noticing things going missing! image ... Today I went and had my hair cut - took a pic in and the usual thing happened - she looked at the pic and then decided not to cut it like that at all!! :evil: I'll get used to it but it's not what I wanted. We have my step children over all day tomorrow and saturday - I'm hopefully going out for a meal saturday night (depending on whether we can afford it and whether I feel up to it) and that's the end of half term week really!

Jules - hope you didn't get too wet at Woodlands - sorry we couldn't make it. - Why does it always rain when I get my hair cut? :roll:

El - I remember those days of report writing well - do I miss it?? Do I hell!! :lol: Hope you don't have too many to write.

Liz - hope you have a safe trip over - enjoy the takeaways and your mum babysitting!

Hope everyone else is having a happy half term xx

• Looks like some lovely and not so lovely things have been happening for you lot, which is pretty much the run of our hols again!
    Sat night, went to golf club for Valentine's meal n we won the goodies hamper (and how well does it match my bathroom?!) and had a fab nt.
    Sun - China Town, Manchester for a very hectic New Year thing, why is it some ppl can't actually see the pram you are pusing??
    Mon - lovely lunch n spa session with Chez, then he bumped into someone on the way home, ??500excess down the swanny!
    Tues - tidied the house for a valuation.
    Wed - stayed in, looked at a car.
    Thurs - went to Euerka! science museum, VERY busy! Then had the most horrendous headache/migraine last nt so went to bed early.
    Fri - having my hair cut n coloured later -YAY!!!
    No plans for tom, but got an early Mother's Day meal on Sun as the mil's away for a month.

So all in all, the curse of the hols has struck again, but apart from Miss G having a temp n cough, we're all well so what's money?! :roll:

Hope you all have a great weekend, esp you Liz. Enjoy all things British (apart from the bad things!) x
  • Definitely some good and bad for you Ali... Ouch as far as the car goes! Our meal out on Valentines day wasn't as good as yours - with Fee throwing up all over her plate - lovely!! At least no one else in the famiy was sick. x
  • Ewww, sicky! Poor girl. ######]7
    *7-86+
    That was Gracie's contribution!