Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Gracie's song

Thought I'd share this as it's so sweet. A friend made me n hubby a cd of songs by various artists (many who I've never heard of!) and we listened to some of it today. One song is called 'Gracie' by Ben Folds and it brought tears to my eyes! It's a man singing about his 'Gracie girl' and it's beautiful and so relevant. If you can google it and listen to it, you'll see what I mean!
It then made me think, are there any songs out there written with your lo's name in the title?? I know Lily Allen sang about 'her brother 'Alfie' and there's an old song called something like 'Alfie. what's it all about?'. Am gonna search for a 'Charlie' song now!
:\)
Found the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dcOK7G1o5o

[Modified by: alioli on 18 January 2010 20:50:33 ]

Replies

• ah lovely! Doubt there will be one for Elijah! haha xx
  • OMG how mad is this-just typed in and it came up with a song by neil diamond called 'elijah's song' lol!
  • That is such a sweet song! How nice of your friend too!! xx
  • How bizarre bluey! I found a Charlie's song too!
  • Aww what a lovely idea, v cute song and omg I used to listen to ben folds five and totally forgot the name when I'd been hunting for the CDs. Going to have a good browsing sesh now and see if I can find some good 'uns. I also googled 'zachariah's song' and got a load of bible stories and the iTunes selection look rather scarey but I shall perservere for fun image
  • ah i was just going to go and look and you saved me a job W4B - let me know how you get on with Zach and I'll go look for Noah!
  • Oh poop jules can't find anything but haven't been trying very hard lol. Is your zach a 'zachariah' then and not just 'zach' or 'zachary'?
  • he's a zachary but we tend to call him zach. didn't have much luck with Noah either. just a noah's song about the ark!
  • That's lovely Ali .... after typing Bryn in to google all I get are artists rather than songs... as for Ophelia well anyone who has read Hamlet will know that any songs with her name in are probably going to be romantic but very depressing!! lol xx