Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

favourite thing to 'help' with?

Well I am sure all your lo's are into 'helping' you out now :roll: we normally say 'watch out Max is coming to hinder' :lol: as this is more like it!!!

His favourite for the last couple of weeks has been unloading the dishwasher! He can't really reach the top shelf things but the bottom shelf he empties things one at a time and tries to name them all - every piece of cutlery is currently a 'poo' - his best attempt at spoon :lol: even if it is actually a fork. Him emptying our wedding present dinner service makes me cringe - 3 years and nothign broken yet (fingers crossed it stays that way)! It takes FAR longer than if I was to do it myself but there we go. He also ONLY knows how to unload and if you load dirty stuff he is right behind unloading it again!!!

He also loves unloading the washer into a basket!

What are your lo's favourite things to 'help' with!

Replies

• lol bless him!

Brendan loves to help Daddy blow on the fire when the ashes are glowing in the morning to get it going again. And he is also getting very good at bringing washing out of the washing machine for me to put on the clothes horse - just a shame it is one item at a time lol!

Other than that he is pretty much destructive! He wants to climb up onto everything at the moment - its driving me crazy!! xx
  • Philip loves "helping" with the washing! He sorts the basket, loads the machine, turns the dial and starts it, and not always when i want him to! He also loads and unloads the tumble dryer! Also likes doing the dishwasher, same as Max unloads the dirty stuff if your not quick enough to stop him!

He also likes to help with the hoovering, so much so we bought him his own mini dyson so he can do it with that rather than trying to use the big one! He's also pretty nifty with a duster, skirting boards are his thing! Also uses a baby wipe to try and clean his tray on his highchair when he makes a mess! x
  • Good going girls...teach these boys young and they won't turn into the lazy bones of ohs! ha ha!

Gracie also likes climbing onto the disher door when it's down to 'help'...ie smear the drips of food/drink all over the door and herself!
    She likes tidying things into boxes, esp the kids shoe box. Empties it and refills it...not realy helping, more playing!
    Must get her into doing the washing, drying, ironing, dusting, floor cleaning....lol. image
  • if max EVER saw me cleaning I suppose he might pick it up and help but I am too lazy nad any excuse not to do it is great so I don't think he has ever seent he hoover - do it once he's in bed if at all! :lol:
  • Holly gets baby wipes to help me polish the glass furniture lol She also loves getting the brush and mop and tried to clean the floor, She also likes taking the washing out the washing machine. I havent got her dusting the skirting boards yet but it wont be long lol
  • Oh what lovely little hrlpers we all have. Zachariah loves helping make the bed,..... He likes to lie in the middle of the mattress as I throw it over the bed - and him lol he also helps pat the sheets down afterwards which is really cute.
    Dishwasher helping is similar to gracie, he just wants to break the door off it's hinges and touch all the dirty stuff LOL
    And hoovering, wow Philip!!!! I can't do the hoovering when zachariah is within a 1 mile radius of the hse as he SCREAMS the place down, the noise really scares him ( along with my hand blender/ food processor/ hair dryer ..... Grr)
  • hehehe how funny!

fin does the emptying dishwasher as im loading very annoying!
    gets the baby wipes and goes around wiping furniture and high chair and then face usually in that order - yuk!
    he gets the wet washing out of machine and hands to me one at time and will actually loads washing machine!

loves the dustpan and brush at my mums!

• The thing Maddy loves doing most is putting her nappys in the bin!! Lol... She did it one day, all by herself with no prompting and I was amazed as I didn't even realise she knew that's where they went! I've started letting her do it every time I change her and she even knows that wee-wee ones go in one bin and pooey ones go in the other!! lol
  • Oakley likesto wipe the tray of his high chair and will pass you socks to hang to try.

When I get him from his cot I get him to put all his dummies in the corner and pass me his blankets to fold and hang over the side. (Daddy doesn't do this and it drives me made as next time you go to put him in stuff is everwhere)

When my DD was 2 yrs and at Nursery I picked her up and she was in the home corner with a dustpan and brush doing a very good job of tidying. So I took her home, showed her the real one and that was her job!

Oakley will be the same I will not let him be a messy boy he will be a demestic goddess (or I think that should be god).

El x
  • Rhys likes to clean his highchair after eating and loading/unloading the washing machine but his favourite is helping Mummy get ready. He brushes my hair (or rather face ha ha) and brushes me with my blusher brush ha ha. Do you think he's trying to tell me somethiing lol
  • Oh what a clever bunch of lo's!

Cole likes to take stuff to people - he'll take his pj's and towel to pass to daddy over the baby gate and he'll put stuff in bags for me - it took forever to bag up all the veg in asda one at a time!!!