Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

back to work

hi everyone

not been on for a while but handed in my last essay today and have finally finished my foundation degree!! woo! well thats it now til sep when i do the 3rd year BA but hey its only one more year and i could do with the money lol
anyway i have a new job and am starting on the 9th. im a deputy manager of a kids club in a childrens centre and have done a few days and its great!
i will be manager in sep too when the current oneleaves to do a PGCE. the best bit is she is a close friend of mine from school so its been an easy change for me. im only ending maternity early as the hours are 245-6 and need to settle in before summer hols andtaking over in sep.
luckily mark works permanent earlies at the min so when he gets in i leave which means no childcare for now which is great image
anyone else getting ready to go back to work
didnt think id be ready but the hours are great and its progression for me. so i get a week of just being a mummy. no uni work. no work. i do regret studying while having ryan but think id ahve never gone back if i took a break from it.

hope all the dec mummies and babies are well
xxxxx

Replies

• Congrats on your new job Holly! And well done on finishing your degree! You must feel very proud of yourself!
    I'm allowed to do another 5 days over the next 7 weeks til the end of term and will do them too - can't afford to turn money down! And I enjoy going in and being me as a teacher, not just being a mummy to 3. I won't be upset when I go back in Sept p/t either. It'll be a bit of sanity for me lol. And a whole lot more dosh....!
    Good luck!
  • well done sweetie!!!! sounds like a fab and exciting job!

And isn't that fab about not needing childcare at the mo... think of all that money your gonna have!!!

xxxx