Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Where are the LO's all up to

Please feel free to add your own as well but I'd be interested to know.....

Oakley

Weight...? dread to think still no letter for 2 yr check
Height....91cm
Bed...still in standard size cot
Dummy....Now only at night
Toilet training.....Has worn pants twice in the house and had wee wee both times.. Not happy sitting on potty or toilet

Replies

• Holly,

Weight ~ no idea
    Height ~ no idea (I sound like such a bad mum!)
    Clothes size, either 18-24 or2-3 depending where they are from
    Bed ~ been in a proper bed for a while with no probs
    Dummy ~ got rid of it just before 2nd bday and was a LOT easier than I thought it would be
    Toilet training ~ have just started Holly in pants although she has used the potty for a long time if naked from waist down. Hoping to give it a "proper" go next week
    Eating ~ loves her food but Im a bit woried Im over feeding her somtimes so cutting her portions down a bit
  • Max

Weight- 11.4kg at beginning of Jan (no idea what was in lbs - he had LOST weight since the last weigh in 6 months ago image v worrying!)
    Height - approx 83cm at beginning of Jan but he wouldn't really stand still!
    Clothes size - 2-3 yrs
    Bed - been in cot bed as a bed since about 18mths
    Dummy - not had one since 10 months - PHEW!
    Toilet training - nowhere near so not even going there!
    Eating - totallly hit and miss and was trying not to worry about it but after him loosing weight we do now worry more but we can't force feed him
    Personality/development/language etc: He is a right cheeky monkey who is totally fab with some major tantrums on the side, his language is VERY advanced which scares me a lot - when I had to take him into school when it was snowy he spent the day in the 4yr olds classroom and was better than many of them with his speech image CRAZY pressure! He is very active and always on the go, very confident not the clingy one he used to be, and he LOVES his nursery!
  • Floyd

Weight ~ 2st2
    Height ~ not sure but will measure him tomorrow as i would like to no
    Clothes ~ 18-24/2-3
    Bed ~ toddler bed since xmas he's a nightmare n wakes 3-4 times a night
    Dummy ~ never had one
    Toilet training ~ dry in the day has been for a few months still has a nappy at night
    Eating ~ quite fussy decides if he wants to eat when i put it infront of him,

He talks all the time and is learing more and more words everyday loves singing and dancing to the songs on music chanels actually copies the dances for each song n knows what dance to do to each song haha especially LOVES JLS lol

xx
  • What a great idea

Weight ~ 2st
    Height ~ not sure but will try and check
    Clothes ~ 18-24 or 2(gap) but 2-3 too big
    shoe size ~ 7.5g !!!!!!!!!!!! He's definitely a tall one
    Bed ~ adult bed but more often than not MY bed and he still wakes for milk!!!!!!!
    Dummy ~ night time -yes .... Day time - depends if he's distracted enough but not needed as such unless in car
    Toilet training ~ just starting but getting nowhere fast image
    Eating ~ fantastic little eater, good variety but not got the hang of feeding himself yet, can put spoon/fork in mouth but can't scoop the food just 'dips' lol
    Talking ~ not yet other than 'mum mum' 'baba' 'nana' however very good at sign language and obviously understands a lot just not interested in talking
    zachariah also loves music and enjoys a good boogie image

[Modified by: waiting4baby on January 22, 2010 12:03 PM]

• Jack

Weight -2stone (do it on wii fit+)
    Height -no idea
    Bed -In cot bed with no sides on with proper quilt and pillow since he jumped over bars in Sept!
    Dummy-Not had for over a year
    Clothes 18-24 2-3 depends where from
    Shoe size 51/2G
    Eats all day long some days i cant fill him enough!!!
    Toilet training- Goes on potty and will do a wee each time but doesnt know when he needs one yet. Had a couple of poops on it too but i think that was jusy good timing!

Jack is at his cheeky monkey stage testing us every day. Hes really good when hes with me all day or with daddy all day but once its all 3 of us he plays up so much.
    Hes talking more and more every day saying mini sentences and learning new words every day too!
  • Elijah
    Weight ~ No idea! HV wont call me back to see him.
    Height ~ not sure either!
    Clothes ~ 2-3 but trousers need a belt as too big
    Bed ~ Still in his cot and dont see a need to change that for now. Was sleeping through until he got unwell, now he gets up at least once a night for a drink image Need to start CC to stop this as its knackering
    Dummy ~ Never had one, but does chew on one when teeth hurt
    Toilet training ~ Going to leave until the spring, doesnt seem interested and never goes in the potty all the times ive tried, but he does know what its for.
    Eating ~ Eats well but is like me in that he prefers to graze in the day rather than eat 3 meals a day. Will try anything though and mostly sits at his 'big boy' table, doesnt like his highchair anymore.
    Talking ~ Understands everything i say, talks in short sentences and is really funny. Also copies everything we say, so have to be careful now! lol. Other ~ Loves 'Thomas' and knows all the train names, even ones that i dont! Sometimes i cant work out where hes seen them! Hes always asking 'Daddy buy spencer at shop!' He has a few tantrums and moans alot sometimes, but nothing too bad (yet!)
  • Good post!!

Brendan

Weight ~ He was about 2 stone 2 when I weighed him on wii fit + the other day!
    Height ~ I think he is about 84cm tall but just judging by clothes really.

Clothes - sizes are different over here but he is manly in 86cm stuff with some 92cm tops.

Bed ~ He has been in a bed since he was 15 months and is sleeping well in it.

Dummy ~ Still has one but doesn't have it much during the day. I want to get rid of it but think I will do it in the summer and try and get rid of Jacobs and Brendans at the same time or Bren will just pinch Jacobs!

Toilet training ~ When we sit him on the toilet with his kiddy seat he knows what he is supposed to do and often has a wee but won't do a number 2! Going to go for it this summer and hopefully get him toilet trained.

Eating ~ Much prefers to snack all the time if I let him, but can be hit and miss at meal time. Sometimes he eats loads othertimes he hardly touches it. We give him a multivitamin to make sure he gets what he needs but other than that he gets offered what we eat at meal times.

Cutlery/ cups ~ He can use a fork and spoon to feed himself and can drink pretty well from a normal cup as long as it is no more than half full.

Talking ~ Understands eveything in English and Norwegian, copies a lot of things now and comes out with new words everyday. He calls Jacob 'Jakey' which is sweet! He babbles away as though he is having a full conversation with lots of expression but it isn't always easy to understand what he is saying! His language is a mix of english and norwegian with more norwegian on the days he has been at nursery.

So interesting to hear how all our los are doing! image x
  • Weight- Not sure. He loves standing on the scales (calls them his step) but never stays still long enough for me to see what he actually weighs lol
    Height - not got a clue
    Clothes size - 12-18 oe 18-24 but still quite big on him arms and legs need rolling up and waist adjusters have to be on tightest to stop them falling down. We have outfits he got for his 1st birthday that are only just fitting properly now lol.
    Bed - been in cot bed as a bed since about 18mths
    Dummy -Had our 1st dummy free week and it was much easier than I thought. Just 1 bad night when he wouldn't go back to sleep at 4.30 so we got up around 5 but he hasn't even mentioned the d word for the past 3 days.
    Toilet training - Has started saying bum when he needs to go, but doesn't like going on potty. Have to force him to sit on it then he's fine once on. Doesn't know when having a wee though yet so still early days for us
    Eating -Loves his food and thanks to the reccomendation of metal cuttlery he's doing really well now eating with them. Adores cheese on toast and asks for cheese toast everyday for his dinner ha ha.
    Shoes- he's 51/2 g
    talking- saying quite a lot now and doing well with his sentences. He's turning into a very cheeky monkey and will do anything to get a laugh out of us. The tantrums have started too, mainly because he wants to do everything himself
  • Lovely to hear how our babies are getting on!
    Gracie aka adrenaline-junkied madam! lol
    Weight (at 2yr check) 2st 2
    Height (at 2yr check) 89cm
    Clothes - 2-3years
    Shoes - 6.5g
    Lots of ppl comment on her height...she looks older than she is, but then both the boys are tall too!
    Bed - a 3hr stint in her big bed made me put her back in the cot and try later! She's got back into the 'going into mummy n daddy's bed' anytime from 12.30-3.30am and I don't have the sanity to do CC mid-night yet!
    Dummy - calls her 'dodo' and would love to have it all day, but am trying to stop her unless tired and at night.
    Toilet - will try her when weather's warmer...tho she did a poo on the loo last week....it was that small it stayed wedged between her cheeks lol.
    Eating - mainly eats anything, but can be very faddy...one week eats sandwiches, the next, just the filling etc
    Talking - most of her 'sentences' sound like she's swearing! And she has funny phrases...ddd scratched (lots of our dvds are scratched!)

Gracie is such a happy little girl who is so into everything...copying the boys! She has such a funny sense of humour and can woo men a mile away with her coy smiles and charms, little hussy! She loves being active and dances, wigggles her bum, jumps off stairs, she is fearless! She is totally a mummy's girl and loves her brothers to bits. A little joy!
  • Oliver

Weight: 12.25kg (in december)
    Height: 85cm
    Shoe size: 6f
    Clothes: Some 12-18m, 18-24m and 2-3yrs (has a tiny waist and broad shoulders!)
    Bed: Still in cot and no intention of changing anytime soon. He doesn't sleep well so would be in our room every 5 mins!
    Dummy: Not had one since 6 months old, has a really disgusting piece of blanket instead that he chews when he's sleepy.
    Food: Eats really well usually and not too fussy, will eat what we have including chilli and curry! Can use his spoon quite well but is lazy and makes me do it at home, but does it all himself at nursery.
    Sleep: Usually wakes for milk in the night, we've tried everything to stop this. Still has a daytime sleep, if he doesn't his sleeping at night is even worse!
    Toilet: On our second week of proper potty training. Wears big boy pants all day, with the odd accident if he's distracted, but not too good at initaiting yet, so I toilet him regularly. Number 2's are abit more of a problem but did his first one in the potty today, so maybe we are getting somewhere.
    Speech: Fantastic for his age, can say pretty much everything and his sentences are getting better end better.

Generally a very active little chap, does not sit still unless he's asleep! Likes to have company at all times though so mummy doesn't get much done in the day. Getting very funny and cheeky at times. He loves to sing and dance and playing with any building type toys and is obsessed with Timmy Time! Can be quite prone to tantrums if he doesn't get what he wants, but the naughty step is working quite well for us.

Really loving the age he's at now, he's so much fun.
  • Weight and Height - not got a clue he is quite small i think for his age

Clothes size - 12-18 or 18-24

Bed - toddler bed for a couple of months now with a side rail after he fell on the floor a couple of times!

Dummy - he would also have it all day if he could and i try and i limit it as much as possible especially as he's taken to chewing on them and has split a couple.

Toilet training - no where near ready. can't stand the potty and if i take his nappy off he goes into his bedroom and wees on the floor!

Eating - he likes chocolate and anything sweet. he is getting better at eating proper food!

Shoes- he's 5 1/2 i think

talking- no very basic and unclear - only a few words really. he is very lazy!

character and attitude - yeah he's full of it! will be interesting to see whather he is the trouble maker we all think he is going to be!
  • Philip

Weight - 2st 5lbs

Height - about 90cm

Clothes size - just coming into 2-3 tops, 18-24 trousers although a bit short in the body but 2-3 way to long in the leg!

Bed - moved into the bottom of full size bunks in July, fee out a few times but on the whole loves his bed, looks lost in it though!

Dummy - Went about 20mnths, cried for a few minutes for 2 nights then nothing unless he's ill when he half heartedly asks for it

Toilet training - doing, somtimes asking to go, having quite long period with dry nappy so as long as we take him to go he's dryish! had 3 nights of dry nappy but now weeing again in the night but only a little, nappy not by his knees in the morning anymore!

Eating - eats pretty much anything as long as he's in the mood, some nights will only want a slice of toast but those are the days he picks all day.

Shoes- 6 1/2 H but needs measuring as they are getting tight

talking- now he's got the hang of it he doesn't shut up! can understand majority of what he is saying, as can most people, although some things have us all confused! Unfortunatly knows the word "now" which accompanies most requests for things!

character and attitude - definate character! has the ladies at the job centre running round after him when oh goes down for his meetings and paperwork signing! Very cheeky! Generally good attitude, does what he's asked most of the time with no problem, spends probably 90% of the day laughing and smiling and usually goes to bed laughing and wakes up happy

Can't believe we are talking about these things, doesn't seem 5 mins ago that we were doing this sort of thing about weaning etc!
    Lovely to hear about how all the babies are getting on :\)
  • Maddy

Weight - No Idea!!

Height - Erm...No Idea!!

Clothes size - Still in 18-24 at the moment, although they are starting to look a little short in the leg!

Bed - moved into a toddler bed when we moved into the new house but, she is so long that I think we will be having to get a proper bed soon!

Dummy - Maddy insists on having 2 and they have to be one pink and one blue!! The other night she said 'I want my blue Num-Num!!' and I said 'It's in your mouth..' at which point she took it out, scrutinised it, put it back in and whinged 'I want my PINK Num-Num!!' Lol

Toilet training - Not interested in the potty at all but LOVES the whole toilet thing so I am thinking of going straight for the loo. She is fascinated by poo and always wants to look at it (Whomever's it may be!! lol)

Eating - Rubbish, rubbish RUBBISH!!! Lol... Some days she is great and others she is rubbish! LOVES scarambled egg and toast image

Shoes- 6 1/2 F in shoes but a 7F in boots..

talking- She never shuts up and has a huge vocabulary. People are always amazed at how she holds a proper conversation with you image Also doing really well with signing (Confuses people when they see us signing to each other and then we talk to each other too!! Lol)

character and attitude - Cheeky little madam who loves making people laugh... Like doing daft things and then announcing 'I'm being silly Mummy!' Knows how to play her Mummy a treat! As soon as I tell her off or if she comes in to my room in the middle of the night, she says 'I really need a hug...' and, when she wouldn't go back to sleep when my Mum babysat the other night, I asked her why and she said ' I missed you Mummy'

I can't believe that these children are the babies we bought home!! They are a million miles away from those helpless bundles!!
  • Just a quick update finally had Noah weighed and measured.
    He is 11kg which is 24lb3oz and he is 88cm so the hv says he is underweight for his height but didn't seem to concerned. he has seemed to improve his eating a bit recently so i'm hoping i'll manage to get some weight on him!!