Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

She's here

My goddaughter is here!! A couple of weeks earlier than the planned c-section but my friend was having problems with her scar so they finally agreed to section her early and baby arrived this afternoon! Apparently both mum and baby are ok, no idea of her weight and I won't put her name online cause her mummy wouldn't want that!

I can't wait to see her.. not sure when it'll be though - but I think I might end up helping look after her other 2 kids so you never know..might get a sneaky peak!

Just had to share image

Replies

• Aww how lovely congrats on ur new goddaughter x
  • congrats godmother, aww how exciting i love babies, but i love mine the most heehee, glad they mum and babe are ok hope you get your sneaky peek
  • aaw how cool. being a godmother must be lovely too image
  • Congrats Godmummy! Enjoy the cuddles! x
  • Poor little chicken is in special care at the moment as she hasn't pooed yet and they are x-raying her bowels and stuff. Her poor mummy is still suffering from the section and it must be awful for her to not have baby in with her. Visitors aren't allowed in to the baby unit so noone has seen her yet..my friends went up to visit but obviously couldn't go see the new baby. My parents are away this week so I can't leave Cole with them to go see her.. but if baby comes out of special care we might get to go up. I've seen a pic though and she's a little cutie image

Heres hoping she pooes soon so she can be back with her mummy
  • Congrats on your new little goddaughter ... I hope she's lots better soon and theres nothing serious wrong.... Let us know how she is wont you x
  • omg thats awful i cant even begin to imagine how the poor girl feels, really hope mum and babe get better soon and get to be together asap with no serious problems. hope youre ok too, you must be sick with worry yourself
  • Got a text from another mate last night to say they were being taken to another hospital as baby needed an operation and I couldn't get to sleep for worrying. Turns out that as they got to the new hospital, she pooed so they moved her back. Keeping her in neonatal until she pooes again though.

I can't imagine how worrying it is for her mummy... I just hope she's ok very soon..
  • Oh Congrats on being a Godmum. Glad baby is on the mend. Hope she gets proper better soon. xx
  • Awww congrats on being a god mummy, it must be sooo scary for your mate I really hope baby continues to get better and will soon be reunited with her mummy xxx
  • Spoke to my mate earlier.. I'm sure that won't do my phone bill any good... those hospital phones are a total rip off aren't they! Apparently for every 5 mins we were on the phone she gets an extra hours worth of tv! Sounds like they are just playing a waiting game at the moment .. baby is still in neonatal .. hopefully she'll poo soon and can go back to her mummy on the ward.

I might get to go visit on Thursday... but it'll all depend on what happens..
  • They both came home yesterday!! I've seen more pics and she's very cute... although the pic of the tiny tiny baby in the big incubator all wired up was kinda scary...must have been even more terrifying for her mummy & daddy.

I'm hopefully going to visit on saturday but bloody typical.. i have a lousy sore throat so won't be going if that doesn't go away. Got her a great pressie.. a kitten toy that has a thingy with it where you can register a star online and you get to print out a star chart of where the star is and everything! Bought one for Cole too image
  • Awww thats fantastic new that she is home safe and well image Your gift sounds lovely where did you get it? My cousin is having her baby on the 8th of July and havent got anything for them image Hope your throat gets better soon xxx
  • Ditto all of the above (but not my cousin having a baby bit!). x
  • They were on sale in woolies.. reduced to ??4.99. We got baby a kitten, and Cole a frog image Adams also has a sale on and we got her a tshirt that says something like 'i'm the cutest in the world' for ??2! Bargain!
  • Bargains! Shame our Adams' closed down last year!