Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Unwell :(

Just needed a moan. Am so unwell today, was being sick in the night and had to ask hubby to help me get bubba dressed b4 he went to work. Was trying to hint at him taking the day off, but obviously that didnt work. Stupidly i called hubby to say i have to ask my mum to help me with Lij as im so weak and shaky but hes said i shouldnt ask her. I feel a bit annoyed as he was ill a few wks ago and just laid in bed and i really looked after him....anyway i'll be ok, just needed to rant a bit...

[Modified by: bluey on 19 November 2008 09:40:57 ]

Replies

• I totally sympathise, I was really sick last night and went to bed at 8:30pm thinking it would make me feel better. I got up this morning and got Bren and I breakfast, I braved some toast thinking it was probably a safe option but was sick again half an hour later. I feel bloomin awful, I was hoping the morning sickness would get better now I am 11 weeks not worse!! I had Bren in the bathroom with me this morning looking all concerned as I was being sick - not good!! I've tried calling hubby to see if he can get back from work so I can go to bed but he isn't answering his phone at the moment =(.

Hope we both feel better soon, being sick is just the pits! xx
  • ah sorry youre having a hard time of it Liz. Bless Bren looking concerned for you! I should have really asked hubby out right but i felt like i was being cheeky. Nevamind. When i was pregnant, my morning sickness lasted til around 18wks!!! hope urs goes sooner than that tho.
    I havent been sick again this morning but just feeling sorry for myself and weak image xxxx
  • Yes, it probably looked quite comical actually - me turning to Bren inbetween being sick saying 'its ok, mummy is fine'!!! lol!
    I really hope my morning sickness doesn't last until 18 weeks, I don't remember being this sick when I was pregnant with Bren, I just felt rubbish for a couple of weeks so I was very lucky.

I got hold of hubby and said I was poorly and he said how bad was I and could I manage on my own. I felt like saying 'no come home!' but I know it isn't easy for him to get away from work since he is a teacher. He will be there late tonight as they have some sort of thing on at the school so he probably won't be back until about 9pm - booo!! Think I will be in bed!!

I hope you are managing to relax with your feet up a bit and start to feel better soon. xx
  • oh know you poorly people!!!!
    when i was sick a while back i was lucky as mum was on half term so she had to come get fin at 8am and take him as i couldnt move! when blokes are ill we still look after lo's and them but when were ill were left to fend on own, how crappy!

liz - bless you get bren in bed and hope he goes off ok and you go bed yourself, it will pass soon even though it prob feels it never will end!
  • Hope you're both feeling better soon. We had the sickness/squitty bug last week and luckily I just felt sick, without actually being sick.
    It's easy for men to be ill but not us!
    Take care all x
  • am feeling slightly better this morning thankyou. Hubby said yesterday that he wud take day off today, but ended up this morning trying to get me to make the decision for him, which i wont do as it may then backfire! He is teacher too so i do know its hard. I told him to just go in. But lij is really moany today and didnt sleep at all last nite so im v.stressed and feel like im gonna burst into tears image will force myself to take Elijah to the park lata as i cant face staying in with him moany all day xx hope ur ok today Liz xx
  • Glad you are feeling better this morning Bluey, sorry Elijah didn't sleep though.
    I haven't been sick since yesterday lunchtime but that is probably because I haven't really eaten anything lol! When hubby came back last night he brought me riveta (sp?) as he couldn't get crackers from the petrol station and all the shops close at about 6pm here. I have managed a few of them and not been sick yet ... touch wood!! I really fancy a cup of tea but milk just tastes off to me at the moment so that rules tea, coffee, and cereal out.

I was in bed at 8:30pm last night, Bren went to bed early too at 6:30pm and only woke at 5am had a full bottle and then slept through until 8:20am!! What a good boy!!
    Hubby managed to go in late today too as he didn't have a lesson first thing so it meant he could help get Bren up and give him breakfast which was a big help to me.

I hope your trip to the park helps make you feel a bit better Bluey, it is a real shame there is no-one you can get to look after Elijah for you so you can get some sleep! If you are still feeling bad by lunch time I would give your hubby a call and ask him to come home, it sounds like you really need his support today. xxx
  • Thanx for being supportive Liz, dont know what i did without this site when Elijah was first born!
    Im feeling ok this afternoon and less upset! My parents came over for an hour with cake- which obviously helped! lol, Havent braved it outside though yet, Elijah just gone down for nap and im thinking i should do the same while i can. Fingers crossed no sickness today Liz- i remember the feeling and pregnancy sickness really isnt nice xxx