Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

The weird week explanation lol

For Em and anyone else who's intrigued as to my FB status!
Couldn't put it on there as it involves some of my friends. Had news of 2 split-ups...Chez's sis and hubby (the one who dictated Xmas day as written in one of the Xmas threads lately!) are separating. And 2 friends, who are Alfie's godparents, and you would've thought the most solid, loving couple in the world have split up and he's now seeing her best mate, and her a member of their band (ie 2 v good friends to all). They're still really good friends though and are happier, which is nice, just a real shock!
We got a call from Chez's sis earlier that they've been to a Relate councillor today and are gonna give it another go, providing he sees one still. They've been unhappy for 4 years...she's left him twice for a night each time to us, possibly more elsewhere.
Ofsted's looming and my jobshare is majorly stressing at work.
But on the up, Charlie got his Golden Time and sticker at school and got his swimming award level 2 yesterday!
Weird week, lots to think about and mull over. Hope next week's better now we're off for half term!

Replies

• Yes, sil has a boy who's 5. But tbh, his dad doesn't do much with him anyway, poor thing.
    Friends don't luckily.
  • Cor I must sound really nosey!! :roll:

You were right - def a weird week.... I hope all the couples will be happy whatever they decide to do......

....Well done Charlie - bet you're a very proud mummy! image
  • It is weird when friends break up that you really don't expect to happen, I guess you never really know what is going on behind closed doors.
    Makes you feel lucky for what you have though doesn't it.

I hope the ofsted goes ok and your jobshare sorts itself out. x