Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are all the los doing?

Hiya all, thought it would be nice to see what all the los are doing since theyve been born as its so easy to forget. I'll start us off!

Alfie born 21/12/07
Weight: 7lb 90z
Last weighed: 18/03 - 13lb 5oz
Last height: 05/02 - 58.5 cm

Whats he eating now: 5 x 7oz bottles and 1 solid feed a day
Typical day: Up at 6.30am and bed at about 9/9.30pm in cot

Likes: Smiling at daddy when he gets in from work, food, his light and sound play centre and being very nosey!!! Also likes getting undressed!?!?

Dislikes:Laying on his playmat (too boring!) Still unsure of the bath but hes never cried, just lays there with his arms above his head!!! Hates waiting for his food!!! Hates getting dressed.

What hes doing now: Hes in a good routine. Started smiling randomly, laughs when we pull stupid faces (we look mad!) tries to pull himself up and has started to roll onto his side. Holds onto rattles and books, loves reading.

Any teething problems: Had colic early on but sorted with dentinox. Has now got baby eczema.

How are the mummies?: Had a touch of the baby blues at the beginning but feeling loads better now we are in some sort of routine. Love alfie to bits and have loads more patience with him than i did with my eldest. Have surprised myself by enjoying motherhood so much.

Suz x

Ps, by putting their weights and heights down is in no way intended to upset or worry anyone. All our babies are different

Replies

• aaw what a good idea suz!

im ok thanks, bit down sometimes but oh keeps on at me telling me to go to bed or go shopping or something. he keeps buying me choc too to keep me happy lol

so nice to hear how much you're enjoyig motherhood suz.

here it goes..

ryan james born 16/12/07 8lb9oz, 55.5cm
    now 14lb9oz and 65cm! lanky bugger!

he is a smiley and chatty boy and wakes me up at half 5 every morning chatting to himself and battering the crap out of his toys on his cotbed!

is still bf but im determined to stop soon, im finding it hard to just stop but i need to, he is so long my back and arms hurt trying to hold him!

he leans forward all the time! has to be sat up or standing so the leapfrog activity station is ace and the bumbo is ideal

he rolls over now image

is having solids, rusk, baby rice, porridge, fruit and veg. only two meals a day so theres some variety there lol

ryan loves watching simpsons and sometimes babytv. hates jeremy kyle, so do i so dunno y we watch it!

ive got 4 weeks left at uni and then off til sep but im feeling guilty about it already. im applying for a job as a neonatal nursery nurse and the hours are long but the money is ace, ill opt for part time so less days but then with studying as well. i keep telling myself its better while he is young but im not so sure. we will see. the money helps being a student tho. any advice here would be great!

overall we are doing fab! ive still got a horrid baby bulge but its going, and ryan is the light of my life image

love to all mums and babies

xxxxx

• What a lovely thread and great to catch up as I don't get on here that often anymore.

Amy born 24/12/07 weighing 7lb
    Last weighed today: 11lb 7oz - she's still a dot!
    Last height 18/03/08 - 57cm

She has 4 6oz bottles a day and goes to bed about 8ish, in her cot in her own room and sleeps thru till sbout 6.30/7. Shes not ready for solids yet but I'm looking forward to when she is.

Shes very smiley and likes chattering away. She's happiest flat on her back on her playmat or being upright and nosey!

Shes not sure of the bath but doesn't cry and she hates tummy time.

I am loving being a mummy and we're already planning on trying for number two. Every day is a pleasure and I love seeing Amy smiling up at me 1st thing in the morning, she melts my heart. Not due back at work til Dec but I'm thinking of changing jobs for something part-time and closer to home.

I've still got about a stone to lose and getting fed up of my leftover baby weight but I love my food and wine too much!

• Ooh this looks like a fun thread!

Jack born 17/12/07
    birth weight 6lb14
    Weight today 14lb4 60cm

now has two spoonfeeds a day and 5 bottles

Jack loves his bathtime,loves his playmat and all his toys and has now just started to enjoy tummy time. He also loves baby massage

Jack hates getting dressed!

I love being a mummy and he makes me laugh everyday. We are not having another baby so am enjoying every moment xxx

• Well done Suz, lovely thread. They are all different and unique but it's still lovely to compare and see how everyone else's lo's are doing. Besides it's all we want to talk about which is completely boring to everyone but us!!!

Oakley - due 24.12.08.
    Finally induced on 05.01.08
    Born 06.01.08
    weight 8lb 11oz
    Length 52cm
    weight at 13 weeks 15lb11oz......can anyone beat that!?! What a chunky monkey! Going to soon be out growing his 3-6 month sleepsuits.

I have a ten year old too who is such a god send - it's like having an au pair!

He is nothing like her, she was an angel baby. Always happy and contented, bubbly and bright. And there was me thinking it was because it was all down to me, that I was a fantastic mummy. Well things are certainly differen this time and boy do I now believe 'no two babies are alike'!

Because on the other hand there's Oakley, he had wind and colic (touch wood he seems to have grown out of it now) which was quite a shock as had never experienced this before and he is bf.
    Really happy and just so in love with him but at 8 weeks had 4 weeks of feeling down, all kicked off on mother's day when I wanted to be spoilt rotten and wasn't! (This is my full time job at the moment so it's where I get all my self-estem, confidence and happiness). Think it was a combination of tiredness, hormones (periods all over the place) and lack of adult company, oh and my hubby not appricating me enough. Just getting over it now...hopefully!

Still bf but 4 weeks ago introduced one bottle a day in the evening as had full blown mastitus 3 times and decided it would not be viable to keep going if it came back again. Had problems with that, lo was on sma gold which after a week really blocked him up (so just as wind / colic was subsiding he was in pain because he couldn't poo!) Have switched to cow and gate and all seems a lot better.

He has found his hands and the dribble is disgusting lol. For the past week he just wants to be on his feet. He did a proper full giggle for me a week ago which nearly made me cry! He feels like a real grown up baby now all traces of being new born have long gone (don't get quite so any people coming up to you to admire lo in the supermarket).

He is still no where near sleeping through like most of the other babies : ( Putting him down at about 9:00, but he still has a feed at about 1am. Trying to not give him a feed at aprox 4am when he wakes up instead giving a dummy. But he usually doesn't go off to sleep very well or very long. Not giving him his morning feed until at least 6am but would like that to become 7.

My favourite times; when he's in the bath with me, when he smiles at me after his feed (as if to say 'I love you'), when he 'talks' to me, when he is tired and snuggles right in to me like he wants us to be one person again and just whenever he does something amazing for the first time. Sometime my husband and I just look at each other and we don't have to say anything we know that we are both thinking the same thing - 'We did that, we made that, how lucky, how blessed are we'

Hubby and I have managed to get out for a meal 4 times - we are very lucky and have family fairly close by. I still need to loose a stone but like Rach I love my food and especially my wine too much (hubby doesn't seem to notice though and says he still loves my body! - Or maybe he's just after something!?!) Oh, and I've noticed there's no arse kicking thread this week, are we all excepting our slummy mummy ways! Think I'm just going to have to except I'm a little more 'cuddly' these days.

I just want to say that I love this site and thank you to all you ladies that have got me through my preganacy and now this our baby days. Still have not managed to get a photo up (my computer is so old and I just don't have the right software - but I have a plan I'm going to try to do it on my mum's computer. So hopefully will have a pic up soon!)

El x

PS. Gold star for us, I somethimes pop onto the Nov & Jan bit as they're near in age to our lo and they don't seem half as chatty as us!
    Phew that was a long post and I'm one of those two finger typers so it's taken me forever!!! It better work now I'm not typing it again!
  • aaw el, you're right we're the best group lol
    i only come on this page, baby and mums in touch!
    xxx
  • This is a great thread.... not going to compete with El Macs entry though!

Bryn Tobias - due 21/12/07
    Born 14/12/07
    Weight 8lb 15oz
    Weight at 15 weeks 17lb (15lb 15oz at 12 weeks - hes a chunkier monkey!)
    No idea how long he is or how much he weighs now

Bryn on the whole is a much calmer baby than his siblings were at the same age. They have been brill with him (although he doesn't see too much of Tristan - he's either at school, with his girlfriend or in his room (hopefully) studying for his GCSEs!

He still isn't sleeping through though he's had a couple of attempts at it he's not quite made it yet! Normally wakes up between 3-4am, then up at 6:30. Just started bottlefeeding him (hence thread on how big my boobs have become) and he seems to like it though I would have liked to have carried on bfing for a bit longer.

Loves - being held in an upright position - preferably on his legs; his sister pulling silly faces at him (makes him giggle); being tickled under his chin or under his arms; long walks in his pram, and his pram toy.
    Dislikes - being put on his tummy; lying under his gym for more than 5 min and not getting his milk immediately he 'asks' for it!

Didn't have the baby blues but making up for it now.

My children make me so proud - they are just gorgeous indivduals - so completely different to each other but all lovely.

Em x

Ps. noticed the lack of arse kicking thread too - happy to start it this week if Kia doesn't want to and doesn't mind x
  • Hi every1 Rhys was born 27/12 (due 10/1/08)
    weighed 7lb 2
    weight now 14lb1

He's just started sleeping in his cot bed still in our room though and goes down about 9ish and wakes up talking to the animals on his mobile about 6 30/7ish.

He's just started to find his voice and doesn't stop babbling which is adorable.

He's started waving when we say goodbye to him and blows rasberrys too.

He loves song time and he gets so excited when we sing and dance with him.

He has 4 bottles btw 5&7 oz a day.

I was diagnosed with pnd about 6 weeks ago but am starting to feel a lot better now thankfully and am making up for all the playtimes I missed out on with Rhys when he was first born. I absolutely adore how smiley he is in the morning.
    Can't wait to start him on some solids lol.

he loves bath time and is just beginning to start splashing about. he especially loves having a bath with my younger sister (she's 7) and he absolutely idolises her.

xxx
  • Ah, it's lovely hearing all about the December babies! We/they are a good bunch!

Gracie May born on due date 10/12/07, 8lb 10oz (how freaky Freya and Gracie were the same weight too!) and 55cm.
    Last Fri she was 14lb 11.5oz and a very lanky 98thcentile 66cm!

She has 5x 7oz bottles and loves her mush (as Charlie calls baby rice!). She goes to bed about 8pm and sleeps til 7.30-9am depending on whether we have to get up or not! She's been coming into our bed around 3am for the last 3 wks due to a bad cold so hope she gets back to normal soon!

She loves laughing at her brothers or mummy n daddy, playing in her playstation, tummy time, rolling front to back, trying her best to roll back to front, baby massage, smiling at herself in the mirror, cuddles with mummy, grandad's bald head!

She hates getting into her coat, getting out of the bath, although doesn't cry now!, being too tired to sleep, being too hungry, sicking up (actually, doesn't bother her, just anyone who gets a showering!).

She has a good routine, to fit around the many trips i do to school/nursery and back and is much easier to look after than her brothers even now!

I LOVE having 3 and although we would've been more than happy with another boy, it's soooo nice to do the pink thing! Me n hubby are going out tonight for our 3rd meal out since she was born but not done the overnight leaving yet (who'd be mad enough to look after all 3?!). My days are very busy and we go to massage, baby/toddler group and due to do baby signing soon.

Gracie is our last child so it's slightly sad thinking this is the last time I'll do this - hubby's papping himself as no af yet!

Wish I'd have been on this site when the boys were little...it's great!

Well done to us all and hugs to the babies who are very quickly growing and changing x
  • Fab idea!

Brendan Markus - due 28/12
    Born 2nd Jan
    Weighed 7lb 4oz
    Length 48cm
    Now - 14lb and 61cm

Bren is still not sleeping through yet but is in a fairly good routine of bath and bed and goes into his cot at 8:30pm, dream feed at 11pm, and then he usually wakes for a bottle between 3-4am, then sleeps through until 6:30-7:30am.

Struggled for a few weeks in the beginning with bf, then with him not being able to bring his wind up but that seems to have settled down now.

He can now smile and giggle, he always grins at us in the morning and squirms with delight when he sees us! He can nearly blow a rasberry back when I do one at him and he is on his changing mat! He can roll from his tummy to his back, and from his back onto his side. Plus he can pull himself to standing when you hold onto his hands.

He loves 'talking' to people, smiling and being centre of attention! Bouncing on your knee, splashing in the bath, and going swimming.

He hates waiting for more than 10 seconds for a bottle, being dragged out of the bath when he has pooed in it (!), and gets very frustrated about not being able to stand on his own!
    He has around x6 5oz bottles a day and has just started having a little baby rice which he is slowly getting the hang of!

His latest 'trick' is to smile at himself in the mirror and then act all shy and hide his face in your shoulder! Very cute!

Amazing to see our los grow up so fast! Only seems like yesterday we were counting down the days to our due dates!

You guys are my life line and I don't know what I would do without your advice and support. xxx
  • Absolutely agree with all you mummies, without trying to sound soppy, i love this site! Im always going on to my hubby about how great it is; with advice, to sharing news, to moaning and groaning!

Its strange but i feel like i know all the dec mummies!?!?

I think its fab that everyone seems to be getting on great and all the los are making us laugh but dont get me wrong its bloody hard work looking after a baby, any other children and housework. Not to mention getting dressed!!! Still, i wouldnt swap it for the world!

• Here goes...

Ella Rachel born 21/12/07
    Weight at birth; 8lbs
    Weight on 23/03/08; 13lbs (quite a long time ago so dunno what weight will be now.

Ella is still exclusively breastfed. She can spot a piece of plastic at 20 paces and has been on a bottle-strike for many weeks!! luckily she goes down reliably in the evening so hubby and I have been able to get out after she's asleep.

She is asleep for 7.30pm, wakes around 4am for a feed and then comes into bed with me at 6am and sleeps still 9am.

She hates getting her clothes on and loves song-time. She smiles at silly noises and faces. My favourite part of the day is when she wakes up beside me and daddy in bed, and we have lots of smiles and cuddles. She still gets her bath in a bucket!!

Being a mum is great and I've really enjoyed getting out and meeting other mums and being a 'lady who lunches.'

I think we deserve to give ourselves a big pat on the back for being great mummys (or maybe just reward ourselves with something from cadburys!!)
  • Here here i love this site. Feel like ive made a load of friends and good for advice and moaning! Thanks ladies and babies xxx
  • Loving the bucket bath campbelly! My eldest used to be bathed in a washing up bowl because she hated the bath and looked too small to be in it (a time when there were no bath supports lol)

Our los were born on the same day! Glad to hear that Ella is doing well x
  • Hi guys, this is a great thread, so nice to see how all the los are doing!!

Henry born 24/12/07
    Weight: 9lbs 12oz
    Last weighed: 16 weeks - 17lb 3oz
    Last height: 68 cm

Well a truly a supersize baby - and I'm only small!!
    Whats he eating now: 5 x 9oz bottles and 2 solid feeds a day.

Typical day: Up a 7am and bed at about 7/7.30pm, he still has to be rocked to sleep though bless him!

Likes: bath, loves it! And swimming! Likes to sit holding my hands and standing holding my hands! Also likes to look at himself in the mirror and my awful singing!

Dislikes: Laying on his front - can't lift his big head up! He also doesn't like carrots! He doesn't like being left to his own devices for long - needs constant entertainment! Always hated his rocking chair too!

What hes doing now: He's in a good routine. Started smiling, laughs when I blow raspberrys on his tummy, 'talks' constantly and hums himself to sleep. Holds onto toys, grabs his feet and has started squeeling.

Think he's got Teething now and a touch of eczema and has his operation a week tomorrow for his hydrocele image

How are the mummies?: Loving a full night's sleep finally! Still exhausted but looking forward to baby number 2 but have to wait til we move to a 3 bed!

Such a proud mummy, love him so much!
  • What a great thread!

Here we go..

Cole Jacob
    due 28/12/07 - born 22/12/07
    weight 7lb5 no idea what he measured (rubbish hospital) but I do plan on trying to guesstimate at some point.

Last week (15 weeks) 15lb 10 and 63.5 cm

Cole has around 5 x 7oz bottles a day but usually leaves some of at least 2 bottles, and he still has a bf first thing in the morning and throughout the day too. Boob juice = sleepy juice in the daytime!!

We have tried him on baby rice but he doesn't seem to like it so he's been having fruity porridge which he's doing ok with.

Lately bedtimes have been rough (he used to be mostly asleep after his last bottle) but I'm hoping its just a stage. He usually sleeps through, and has been in his own room for 4 nights now. The last 2 days he has woken at around 7.15 which is better than he has been (that extra half hour or so makes all the difference to my state of mind!!) and he has been a bit more cheerful in the mornings rather than waking up screaming!

Cole really is a good baby, he mostly only cries when something is wrong, he likes to watch things on his baby gym, he has been grabbing at stuff for a while now. His favourite toy is his ELC steering wheel that goes on his pram. His little hands go straight for it when I put it on the pram - went out today and forgot it and felt so guilty!!

He loves his bathtime, isn't so keen on getting out or getting dressed afterwards though. Doesn't like having his cream put on - especially his face, although he seems to like having his legs done.

His teeth are definately bothering him though..he's trying to gte his whole fist in his mouth and the drool is crazy!!

Tonight in the bath, hubby was squirting him with water and he was really laughing his head off..thats the first time he's laughed so much when not being tickled.

As for me.. I'm doing good.. happy being a mummy even though its hard work. I do find the time from around 5 till hubby gets home hard work and I did throw a strop at him last week when he was home really late 3 nights in a row!!

I have to agree with the other comments.. I don't know what I'd do without you guys to talk to.. I suspect we've all saved each others sanity at times!!

oh and sorry for being rubbish with the ass kicking thread!!!
  • How great that you have done this thread. I have only been joining in for the last couple of weeks and have wondered how old everyones elses lo were etc.

Samuel Paul Christopher born 4/12/2007
    weight 7lb 14and half ozs
    weight now 15lb 4ozs

Sam is bf and now has proper food! twice a day which he absolultley loves.

Favourite things are laughing at daddy and his big brother and sister. standing all the time and doing 'bouncy bouncy'. Loves having his nappy off and grabbing his feet - which he discovered properly last week - don't think he believes they belong to him.

Hates - being tired and waiting for food!

Still can't believe I am a Mum again. But I would recommend it to anyone. I am so much more chilled out about everything this time round. We have gone with the flow on just about everything - Sam sleeps from 9-11 and then we wake him and he goes off again till about 4am and then wakes about 7am. Which is great 'cos we have to all be up to get the eldest 2 off to school.

Thing I am dreading is going back to work. But have put it off till Sept - so hopefully time will go slowly - no such luck.

Thank you to you all for making me feel welcome on the site, Its great to know how all the other Dec babies are doing.
  • tommy marc was due on 1/12/07 but was born on 22/11/07
    weight was 8lb 3oz
    weighs now at 20 weeks 17lbs 14 oz

he loves being cuddle and loves his bottles, he has two solid feeds a day and 5 8oz bottles. hes also mad about his older brother alfie who's 2, his face lights up as soon as he sees his big brother and alf cant leave him alone. tommy is always talking and is now teething so seems to be sucking his fingers alot. hes also very interested in our dog who always seems to give him a lick when he enters the room. hes just started rolling over from his back and im well chuffed as hes such a big baby and i thought it would take longer.

tommy doesnt like being put down cus he likes to be held far to much and doesnt like it when his dummy falls out which happens a million times day! aprart from that hes really easy baby at the the moment even though hes had a cold for nearly 4 weeks.

its really nice to read about everyone elae, i love it xx
  • So glad to hear everyone is getting on well!

I agree with everyone as well as this site has been my lifeline too and saved my sanity many times, also helps as I don't know that many people with babies!

Thank you all xxxx
  • Big thanks from me too - especially listening to me moan about my spd, cts and high bp during pregnancy and now about pnd (so many abbreviations I didn't even know existed!! lol) Its great hearing all about our los- they grow up so fast..... Feel I know you all and could invite you all round for coffee (or a glass of wine!)... think I might need a bigger house though! x
  • hi - i finally got round to weighing noah today and was wondering how everyone else was getting on! we must all be on similar wavelengths.
    dob 3rd dec,
    weight 7lb13ox
    weight today 13lb
    he struggles to drink a lot of milk and has 5 x 5oz bottles but prob. only drinks about 4 on most feeds. i've just started him on baby rice and he wolfs it down as if he's starved so i'm hoping he'll get on better with solids than he does with milk.
    i stil feed him 10.30 and he'll normally then go thru til morning.
    he also for the first time has started really enjoying his bath so i have added this into his routine every night.
    i'm doing ok - just tired and fed up with my house been a permanent tip at the mo!
    the 2 1/2 year old has been adjusting reasonably well but he is quite demanding at the moment so i'm drained. didn't help being in hospital with him last night til 11.30 as he was poorly.
    glad all our babies are doing so well!
    julesy