Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Philip is a heffalump!

HV came today to do Philip's hearing test, which he passed with flying colours once the machine would work! She also weighted him, last Monday he was 8lb 6oz having put on 12oz in a week, today he was a massive 10lb 3oz!! image

I must be doing something right with the breastfeeding, has anyone else's lo put on this much in a week? Feel like he's making up for not being as big born as they had threatened me with through pregnancy!

Replies

• OOhhhhh what a weight!! Glad to hear Philip is thriving.
    Holly was 8lbs 14.5ozs when she was born and 3 weeks later is now 10lbs ish, we'll get her weighed by hv when we get home.
    I can't believe how quick Holly is growing, does anyone else feel like that? She has shot up over 3 inches!
    Amy xxx
  • Gosh and there is me thinking that Violet was a right porker at 9lbs 12oz!!! I am sure my son put on weight really well when I was bf him - but he was a hungry boy and guzzled really well, whereas madam is still being lazy and having top up bottles.

I cannot believe how many clothes Violet has grown out of already - I need to have a long hard think whether I get rid of them on ebay OR keep them...just in case...is anyone else wanting to be pregnant again, or is it just me??????
  • well this is my first so yes , just debateing whether to have a small age gap on not. phoebe weigh in at 7lb 9 oz last week so who knows this week. she's a long skinny thing so up to 7lb stills fits her everywhere except the lenght. She is just over a month now. im worried that all the 0-3 winter clothes i bought when i was pregnant won't fit her till its too warm. That will be just my luck!
  • cally im thinking the same, ebay or loft..?! loft is winning as i do want to be pregnant again! ideally when ryan is at least 2 but i really miss my bump and knowing that no harm can come to my little baby, now i have allsorts going through my head.. freaks me out that i might hurt him or something might happen to him!

lol obi philip obviously getting a good supply, ur diet probably better than mine! i craved fruit like a nutter right up until i gave birth. ryan was 8lb9 when born and last friday at nearly 3 weeks he is 9lb3, he has grown in length too, he is in the top 2% for his height apparently! lanky bugger!

xxx
  • Wow - you've all got some bouncing babies!
    Amy is still a little dot but she's getting bigger by the day!
    She weight 7lb at birth and then dipped right down to 6lb 5oz but HV weighed her last Wednesday and she'd gone back up to 6lb 9oz, so hopefully when she's weighed again tomorrow, she'll have gone back up to her birth weight.

I keep thinking about being pregnant again - I thought I was going mad but seems I'm not the only one! Would like a small age gap but want to enjoy as much of Amy as poss before another lo arrives - I'm also hopeful I have a nice, easy pregnancy again as well! Maybe I'm just sleep deprived and it's driving me to these crazy thoughts!
  • Holly is now into her 0-3 slep suits ect most of her newborn outfits still fit her not sure how long for though lol Am I the only one who is glad Im not pregnant any more? I must admit I dont really miss my bump and all the ailments that go with it but I would like another baby. Not for a good few years yet though!!
    xxx
  • Wow thats some heffalump! Cole was 7lb5 at birth, 6 days later he was 6lb 13 1/2 and then by last monday he was back up to 7lb4. HV is coming tomorrow and she'll weigh him and I really want to know how much he's put on - he's not been feeding so great lately so he's had some formula but he's getting a double chin so I guess he's putting on weight.

Babydevil nope you aren't the only one who's happy to be not pregnant. I like having my runny eggs and being able to reach my feet and to shave my legs and to sit comfortably!!

Always thought I wanted more than 1 kid but after the labour/birth I had I'm not sure I dare try again.. and I'm not sure I could put hubby through it again
  • Ok... think Bryn is a bigger heffalump!!... Had him weighed today (3wks + 5) He was 8lb 15oz when he was born and now weighs 11lb 13!! But then he put on weight in the first week.... Boobs are huge with the amount of breast feeding I'm doing.... Sad thing is I don't think he looks like a newborn now.

I actually miss my bump despite all the hassle it caused and I'm more than a little bit sad that Bryn will definitely be my last baby - Hubby has appointment to see doc about the snip - seems all a bit final - Why I would want another one is beyond me - I'm knackered!
  • Ok Bryn wins this round!!! Will be interesting to see how long they can keep this level of weight gain up!!

I miss my bump too, as i didn't know if boy or girl my bump had it's own personality and i kind of miss that. Was warned that it would happen but didn't believe it till i went in Mothercare and was surrounded by bumps and i didn't have one, or a pushchair as oh had nicked him and went to another shop!! Don't think oh wants another one as he already has 2, i think if we had a bigger house and loadsa money he'd change his mind, would like a slightly easier delivery though!!!
  • I'm sure he can't keep it up - not sure I can keep up with the feeding either!

Its the same with my oh Obi - he has 3 kids from before, I have 1 from a previous relationship and this is our 2nd together - all n all we're quite a large family - plus I'm not getting any younger! It still wouldn't put me off if we had the space, money etc etc - a lo that slept more would be good though - i tried putting a request in this time but Bryn didn't pay attention lol!
  • Philip is having one of his feed every hour nights again tonight! hopefully he sleep from midnight till 4 like he did last night but i'm not counting my chickens just yet!!!

We have jsut put his cot together and discovered that it doesn't fit in our room where we thought it would so tomorrow is now going to be spent rearranging our bedroom, great, relaxing day as usual!

• Cole has just been weighed - 7lb13 - thats 9oz gain since last monday which I'm pleased with. Think he's having a growth spurt cause he's on his 4th feed since 7.30!!

As for cots.. hubby got part way through putting it together and then couldn't screw one bit in so its still in bits on the floor of Coles room! Hopefully he'll get it sorted at the weekend!
  • Thats really good news for Cole, sounds like he's now feeding well, gets a bit tiring though doesn't it!! Philip slept from 9pm till 1am then had 4 feeds between 1am and 6am, living on lucazade again today!!

Still haven't started on sorting bedroom out, someone is currently asleep on my shoulder and will not allow himself to be put down in moses, bouncer or cot to let me get on with things! anyone else totally wrapped round lo's finger?!
  • yes...the amount of times i sit with cole oon my knee instead of putting him in his cot .. bad i know but i like to cuddle him. he did nap for a\while so i got some lunch and washing up done.. one day i'll get the house clean i hope... its so messy and i hate it!!

he's not great at feeding .. not sure if i have enough milk so we are giving him formula too .. i did plan on getting water ready in bottles but someone woke up screaming and fussing for attention. he's feeding now .. my workmen have great timing.. getting my roof tiles fixed and yesterday and today they turn up mid-feed!!