Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what to give for a wheezy cough?

Poor Henry has a horrible sounding cough, it doesn't seem to be bothering him but it sounds horrible - really hoarse and he is wheezing. Anyone else had to deal with this yet and what medicine did you use??

xxxx

Replies

• its not croup is it??? its a horrible sounding cough and wheezing!

if it is pop to docs and they'll give you something also steam... so turn the shower on mega hot and before bed sit in there with him!

i only know this because my friends lo had it and it sounds awful but i think she said it's worse than it sounds but do go docs!!!

xxx
  • I'm pretty sure you can't get anything over the counter for los under the age of 1, so a trip to the docs is probably in order if you're worried.... Sorry not much help..... Hope he's better soon xx
  • thanks for advice- just got back from docs and he said it's his cold moving down his throat and his lungs and chest are fine, said he'd probably have it for a month though!!!

He also said not to give cough medicine as they don't really work and he needs to cough up phlegm etc.

Poor little boy - he sounds terrible - but at least it's nothing serious, he seems himself apart from the cough so fingers crossed it goes soon!!Might try the steam though to decongest him!!

• thanks for advice- just got back from docs and he said it's his cold moving down his throat and his lungs and chest are fine, said he'd probably have it for a month though!!!

He also said not to give cough medicine as they don't really work and he needs to cough up phlegm etc.

Poor little boy - he sounds terrible - but at least it's nothing serious, he seems himself apart from the cough so fingers crossed it goes soon!!Might try the steam though to decongest him!!

• oh glad its nothing to serious althoughim sure its horrible to hear and it must bug him!!!

yeah try the steam even if its just a night may ease it a bit!!!

xxx
  • oh no poor boy.
    hope he's feeling better soon
  • aaw bless him, hope he's feeling betterxxx
  • How's Henry now? Hope he's better x
  • Hi, thanks for asking!!

He's much better now - the cough seems to have completely gone - so relieved! Glad doc was wrong bout it lasting a month!! He still has a runny nose and is very stroppy when I wipe it now - such a difference compared to a month ago!!

Hope that's the end of the cough though!!

xx