Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm having...

...the mirena coil fit. Next Weds I go for an appt and I may have it fit then, but not sure. Maximum, I know you've had it, does it have to fit in with af timing?? I'm a bit scared now lol. Hate having my bits messed with!!!image

Replies

• Options
    Boooo! I though you were going to tell us all you're pregnant again! lol!
    You're braver than me having the coil fitted, I am far too chicken.x
  • Options
    Ha ha I thought you were gonna tell us you were pregnant too!!

I have the mirena coil and its not that bad! I would say no worse than a smear, takes 5 maybe 10 mins, my doc was lovely and used a local anestetic gel first. It was uncomfy but not sore, I had tummy cramps for about 24hrs after and no bleeding.
    I think regarding af timing most surgerys are different I was to have mine fitten when not on af and some surgerys prefer you to be on af but they would have told you when you made the appointment so doubt it will matter.

The best advise I can give is STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE lol and take some paracetamol / anadin before you go in image
  • Options
    Ha ha, been a long time since I left any post, let alone a teasing one! Sorry!

Thanks Amy for the advice, I will deffo take some tabs! Did it stop your afs? I bet I'm one of the unlucky ones who bleeds all the time...the bloody pill the doc put me back on has so far lead to 9 days and counting. Oh why can't men just go thru a bit of all this?!
  • Options
    Knew weren't going to say baby but also no that everyone else will say it. I'm not sure it's you teasing us but more a case of us teasing you back.

You have reminded me I'm v overdue a smear image must sort it out.

As for the pill I hate it makes me v bloaty. I thought about the coil but then it said that the it doesn't stop conception, it's just that the embro can't implant and I didn't like that bit.

So we are using condoms which I don't like it's just we haven't sorted anything else out. Thought of going down the natural route. But thwe charts and taking temps etc seemed like a lot of work for a busy mummy.

What does everyone else do?
  • Options
    I abstain!!! But that isn't by choice, just by circumstance!! Lol XXX
  • Options
    I got all excited then!!! My Drs keep trying to persuade me to have the coil or the implant, think they must be on commission from the comany!! Have been thinking about the coil though, will save remembering to take the pill!!
  • Options
    Ohhhhh Hope it goes well! I can't remember about fitting and af sorry! I too had cramps for the day afterwards but then was fine - no bleeds and lkoved it - once this bubbs is out I will be having it again!
  • Options
    It went as well as it do! My mate made me laugh, calling it 'fanny faffing' lol. It took about 2-3mins and hurt just a bit more than a smear, with cramps just in the evening so not too bad!
    The worse case scenario is bleeding for 6 months!!!image
    Bloody well hope not!
    Maximum and Amy, did you have to go back to have coil check about 6week after?? I read that but wasn't sure if i had to make an appt there and then or wait for one. You don't really wanna hang around after!
    Still, no no. 4 for moi, and seeing as I lied when I told the doc we were using condoms....well....!;\)
  • Options
    Alioli

Ive been thinking of having that coil fitted. Had a chat with docs other week so let me know how you get on with it. Did you have to go for a swab first? Think i will have it as been on pill for almost 15 years nowxx
  • Options
    Glad it went well Ali. I've made the decision to come off the pill this week, I've been having bad headaches the last few months and had been putting it down to my Dad passing away, not getting much sleep with having Jacob etc but after having a 2 day migraine earlier this week I realised it could well be the new pill I am on. Hubby pointed out that with Jacob usually sharing the bed with us we weren't getting much action anyway! He is the best contraceptive ever, as soon as hubby moves over to me Jacob wakes up in his cot as if to say 'get off my mummy!'. No baby number 3 for us for a while!!! x