Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Grabbing/pulling at my face!

Hi, zachariah is constantly pulling at my (or ohs) face so that we look at him and he has our attention. It really hurts and I don't know how we can stop it. I don't know if it's a visual thing and he needs to see our face BUT I think it's probably a toddler thing. I've tried to explain to him if he says my name he'll get my attention, bur obviously he's not really getting that.
Have any of you had this problem and been able to fix it as it's driving me crazy and really hurts!
Thanks

Replies

• Rhys does this too, mainly if I'm talking and he wants my attention he'll pull my face so I'm looking at him and he can get my attention. I started telling him he had to wait for Mummy to finish and I'd put him down. It seems to hav e done the trick as he hasn't done it for a few weeks now.
  • ryan is doing this too. he is getting very hands on and heavy handed. i have had to tell him off a few times because he smacks my face with both hands, he is playing but he needs to know he is hurting me!
    bloody terrible 2s have definately hit our household!! xxx
  • Oh becci I wish it was that easy! He just takes telling off as a game so I tend to get nowhere fast lol! Oh well i'll persevere........
  • I'm having a day like that today where he is refusing to listen to anything I say. Whys is it always on the days ur knackered, feeling crap and just have zero patience ha ha
  • w4b Elijah tends to laugh if i tell him off too. But im trying to say, 'be gentle not rough' and he now knows what this means, he sometimes strokes my face and says 'gentle' and then 'rough hair' and rubs my head-lol x
  • 'gentle' ooh that might work, I had to do that when he was into ripping/pulling at hair so I'll give that a go thanks!