Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back to work...

...for a day!
I'm going into school tomoz for the day, not to teach but to sort out some PE stuff and I'll get paid too! We can have 10 'keeping in touch' days whilst on mat leave so I've offered myself as supply teacher if given enough notice!
Gracie's going to my mum n dads and it's like i'm packing for a holiday! Hubby's dropping off the play gym, bouncer and pram 2nt so it's easier and quicker in the morning. Luckily, i don't have to be in any earlier than 9am and will leave at 3.15. I'm actually looking forward to it as i get on with everyone really well (apart from the witch teaching my class, my poor babies!) and it'll be easy money!
Just got to iron some clothes other than my jeans...!

Replies

• Options
    Hope you enjoy your day Ali. Im going into work next week to see everyone as not been no where near since Jack was born. Only going coz everyone wants to see Jack. Not planning on going back till Sept so by then i will prob be ready for it. Have a lovely day xxx
  • Options
    Hope you have a good day!
  • Options
    Well you will have already left by now ...so.... hope you had a great day - does any teacher like the teacher taking over from them??

I'm really not looking forward to getting back to work - mainly because of leaving the children and I'll have to find a job and start at a new school - 3 years out of the classroom - eek - a bit daunting to face a group of teenagers again!!
  • Options
    Ali, wow what a fantastic idea. I'm going to ask my school, could do with some easy money too! Plus it will ease me in a little more gently. Going back to work full time on 30th June for 3 & 1/2 weeks. Then got 5 & 1/2 weeks summer hols off and then doing 3 days a week from Sept (doing a job share with a friend at the same school who had her lo at the beginning of Feb).

El x
  • Options
    have a great day ali!
    let us know how it goes
    xxx
  • Options
    Hope your day at work went well Ali!

I'm the same as hunibuni and taking Amy in to see everyone next week, as I haven't been near the place since I went on maternity leave at the begining of Dec!

I'm dreading the thought of going back to work, mainly as I was so miserable in my job before. I've actually told them that I'm not going back till December but oh and I have been talking about the possibility of me getting another job (part-time - yay!) and not having to go back to my old job - watch this space!

• Options
    Had a really good day! The expression 'money for old rope' springs to mind but don't tell my boss that!
    Was quite funny as went in to sort out some PE stuff and train some Y5 kids in Play leading but ended up for the 1st hour in a Y5/6 class doing D&T with junior hacksaws and hot glue guns! Told the kids I didn't want any blood or burns!!!
    Gracie was a very good girl at g&g's. My dad took her on the park and said he really wanted to see someone he knew to show her off. He's smitten!
    El - part time sounds great, i really hope my hubby gets this promotion. He works in a PRU but a friend who's a head of a special school wants him, providing this chap retires...we'll know mid April.
    I did 2day week/ 3 day week which was brill, meant only had staff mtg when on the 3 day week! My jobshare partner wants me back too...can't let her down!
    Em - the woman in my class is weird...she poles dances (and demonstrates in the staff room!) and has been horrid to staff and kids alike. If you've been to the moon, she's been there twice (other people's words, not mine!).
    It is daunting going back but you'd soon get back into it - did you enjoy it?
    Rachel - sounds like you need a new change, as I'd hate to have to go back to a job I hated.
    Having some vino know....ahhhh! x
  • Options
    Glad you and Gracie both had a good day. Jack been a misery all day today im sooo tired! He has poorly gums and sore legs from injections bless him. Im also having a nice glass of wine,ENJOY!!!
  • Options
    Ali - pleased you had a good day .... I hated teaching - well no, I loved the actual teaching I hated the politics that go along with it... and the marking..(especially coursework) and the paperwork (cos I'm not a very organised person!
    I'm about to have a glass of the red stuff too! x
  • Options
    You girls make me laugh, I must be a right old wino! I don't need an excuse to have a glass of wine, like a hard days a work or it being the weekend.

Rach - definately look for another job. It's too big a part of your life to spend your time hating it.

Em - I know exactly what you mean about the marking and paperwork. I'd like to add the awful Inset and training courses to the list. It always make me laugh when people think we work 9 til 3 and get loads of holiday. I say your welcome to have a go yourself!

Ali - your replacement sounds awful I meet plenty of people like that, I bet everyone can't wait for you to come back! (obviously they would feel that way anyway but considering the moon walking pole dancer aswell, doubily so!)

As for going into work with baby I must be really sad because it was our lo first trip out! I took him into work to see everyone when he was 3 days old.

Well it's 6:30 I think it's time for a bubble bath, glass of vino and a book for an hour.

El x
  • Options
    El - i did the same! Gracie was 2 days old when we took her in to school to watch Charlie's nativity! I nearly cried when the angels came on and likewise when my biggest boy did too...hormonal, proud mummy! Had to hot foot it home to feed her but was back in again 2 days after to watch the fancy Xmas hats parade he was in. Didn't want to miss a thing!