Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

FAO LizB

just remember you did a lot of research on it:

Can Strep B be a cause of prem birth???
thanks image

Replies

• Hi hun,

Yep it can, because I had high levels in my system I was given antibiotics at about 32 weeks which got rid of it. I got retested at 37 weeks but never got the results and as I went into labour at 38 weeks they gave me the antibiotics again during labour any way just to make sure Jacob would be ok.

If you are worried at all I would def recommend paying to get the test done, I think it is only about ??30. Or if you have had it before in a previous pregnancy then they usualy screen you for free I think. xx
  • Just to say not sure if it's the same in all areas, but even if you've had it before they don't screen for it just treat u as if ul have it again. I had it with Rhys and I've been told they won't test for it again this time I'll just be given the antibiotics during labour.
  • Thanks ladies - just with starting for No2 I am really worrying about going Premature again and I wondered if this could have been a contributing factor. THey did take swabs that were all clear but never told me what they tested for! I will check with my midwife when I get there image
  • They only found out I had it after taking swabs after the birth so I presume it's something they check for.