Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First night away from mummy and daddy

Jack slep out for the first time on Fri night. Me and oh were meant to be going to York races but it was cancelled coz of the weather so we went out for day anyway!
Jack was away for 24hrs and he was fantastic for his nana and grandad. They loved it too especially my dad who works away and only comes home for 3 days a month.
I missed him so much tho.
The only thing is the poor little man is full of cold now! Hes not had one yet so not sure what works. Any tips would be great. We have a plug in i just bought and he has some baby olbas oil and saline drops also i have elevated the top end of cot. xxx

Replies

• Well done Jack for being such a good boy.

As far as the cold goes we lift head of cot, put olbas oil on a bib tied to the side of the cot and give some calpol if things get really bad. Someimes I take lo into the bathroom with me while I have a shower, the steam seems to help with congestion.

xx
  • yey well done for being a good boy!!! they always are for the grannies...hehe!

you sound like your doing everything you should, fin's had loads of colds, there awful! xx
  • Well done Jack for being a good boy.... Hope you made the most of your free 24 hours!!

Bryn's had tons of colds - he had one within a week of being born (thanks to his sister sharing hers with him!!) - sounds like you're doing all you can - although I found snuffle babe (like baby vicks vapour rub) better than anything else for clearing his nose.

Hope he gets better soon x
  • Awww well done Jack!!! What a clever boiy being good for nana and grandad!

I hope you enjoyed your 24hrs baby free, I have no idea what I would do with myself lol Hows Jacks cold now?
    We havent left Holly over night yet but we are when we go home just for a night I think maybe 2? Im really looking forward to a night baby free and a full nights sleep! Bliss xxx
  • Jacks much better now thanks. Just got him some cough medicine as he has a little dry bark bless him.
    Feel a bit lost myself today as hes on a trial day at nursery from 10-1 toady and 10-3 tomorrow. I came home and had a little cry boo hoo xxx
    :cry:
  • Well done Jack for being good..hope you had a lovely night out!

Cole has a cold too..its just a horrid snotty nose .. must look for some of those things people suggested.. I'm sick of slug trail bogeys on my clothes!