Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

boo hoo

Oh, im feeling sorry for myself (IL's again.) Im just feeling upset because i dont understand what we (me,hubby n bubba) are supposed to have done to them, apart from moving in here, which they suggested. Im taking everything personally, like they will cook sunday dinner and exclude us, obviously i cant cook one as theres only one oven and i just get so upset as elijah is looking and wanting it and in the end we end up spending sundays in our room watching dvds with lije too. There are lots of other things, i cant even bring myself to put them as im feeling so upset-we try to be good people and they are so mean i cant understand why u would be horrible and make ur own family feel uncomfortable and unwelcome when we have no choice but to stay here until we can afford to go. Its gonna end up coming out in the wrong way soon i think

Replies

• hun,it sounds so awful 4you, i no you are just having to bare with it at the mo, but hopefully not for too much longer is it??x
  • thanks, no depending on when we get another place lined up is just a matter of mths but just goin soooo slowly! x
  • Oh Bluey I am so sorry, just sounds horrible! Can't your oh say something to them about how they are making you both feel? I can't believe they don't even offer for you to join in the meal with them, if you are making a roast dinner it is as easy to do one for 4 (and a small one!) as it is to make it for 2!
    How do you work the cooking during the week? Do you have to wait for them to finish using the kitchen?
    Sounds like student digs or something, and I imagine it is a total nightmare. Why on earth did they bother offering for you to stay if they are going to behave like this?

Really hope you get some money coming your way asap so you can move out and get as far away from them as possible!!! Sending you a big hug xxx
  • Thank you Liz. Yea i know, whenever ive cooked a roast there, ive just offered them some as its easy to do that! But more often than not they even have enough leftovers that would feed us, so it really is just to make a point. What-i dont know.
    During the week we all do our own and we're usually home b4 them so whoevers there just cooks first, not so much of a problem in the week, But if we get in the way (which obviously we are going to from time to time, we have a child to try and look after!) they really bang and throw things about to let us know. It really really stresses me image x
  • Also, i have said to hubby about talking to them, he finds it really hard but i think im gonna push it as we cant be unhappy for months on end and not say anything, even if it doesnt change things, at least they'll have a chance to make it alright x
  • Definately, I would point out to him that at the end of the day it is his relationship with his parents that you are trying to salvage. If it goes on much longer I can see that you are all going to end up with a massive bust up, or when you move out you are never going to want to speak to them again!

Is your hubby worried that they may say they want you to move out? What was the agreement when you moved in as to how long you would stay? xx
  • OMG, you have every right to feel upset and p'd off. They sound totally selfish...can't believe they don't let you have a roast with them! When my bro, sil n 2 kids stayed at my mum n dads for almost 2 years (whilst they did their house up), they shared the cooking. What sense is it making two lots of meals every night??!
    Hope your oh can sort it out soon. It really is gonna be him talking about it sensibly, or you blowing your top, by the sounds of it, and rightly so! I'd be fuming!
  • Its really nice to be backed up and feel like I AM right to feel like this! Thank you ladies.
    Liz, hubby not worried they will ask us to go, but his relationship with his mum has not always been healthy in terms of her making him feel bad when he speaks up etc. So i guess hes worried about a reaction & upsetting them. To be fair though he has done pretty well with speaking up since weve been there, it just kinda feels like theres no point now to him as they wont listen. Hes already said he doesnt want to speak to them once weve gone.
    I really dont want to be the one to open it up as it will look like hes not bothered but im making a fuss. We'll see. Im trying my best to live by my own standards and not theirs, its very hard but there has to be something better around the corner for us it cant all be for nothing x
  • oh god bluey - sending you big cuddles!!! im in shock i cannot believe they would do that??? thats just weird! especially as there grandchild is there and yoid think theyd want to enjoy spending time with him etc... someone needs to win lottery and we can all help each other out!!!! so how long till you can move do you think???
    could you go stay at your parents?
    xxx