Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Sun shine

We are having amazing weather over here just now, its sooo hot. We sat outside at 8.30 this morning having our brekkie! Holly is loving being outside and I normally have her in her buggy or highchair and play with her and keep her in the shade but if I was to put suntan lotion on her could she come in the sun for a bit? Also any ideas on how to keep her amused? Hope you are all having as lovely weather as we are xxx

Replies

• I used to stick zach under the fuscia bush so he was lying on the ground shaded but could see all the bright coloured flowers and also the blue sky with clouds floating past - used to keep him amused for hours. i think all babies are supposed to be kept in the shade but you can get really high factor sunscreens designed for babies to protect them. i'm always a bit paranoid cos i burn easily and both my boys are fair. its impossible to keep them out the sun all the time so i expect it would be fine.
    we had a great day in th park yesterday as the eden project was visiting us (we're quite local to them) and they were doing den building with the kids with all different materials. we were there all day and took lunch and i did get a bit pink - usually i put factor 25 on before i go out but i thought it was going to rain. noah i kept in his pram as much as possible as he was (for once) quite happy watching everything and zach i had his cream with me. i should of put some on me cos i got a bit pink. hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!
  • Thats a good idea about a paddling pool where did you get yous? Is it ok when they san't sit on there own? xxx
  • yeah they have them in tescos cause was looking for fin.. some have the top on them aswell so dont need to worry about sun.. you can also put balls in!!! bubble machine is what i'm getting fin ??5-10 tescos, woolworths, argos, mothercare all sell them... i out factor 50 niva spray on fin and a sun hat - mostly kept in shade but you can't all the time!!!
    enjoy the weather