Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

my goddaughter, and facebook

2 different topics!

Firstly my 8 month old goddaughter had her hernia op 3 weeks ago. Apparently it was about a foot of intestine that had to be put back into place! Poor little mite. Docs said she wouldn't be feeling any pain from the hernia which is a load of bollocks as she was clearly in pain.

I saw her about a week after the op and she was like a different baby! Instead of slumping down like a lump like she always had done, and just grizzling and waahing, it was obvious after about 30 seconds that she was vastly improved! Sitting up, alert, looking around and peaceful. Since the op, she's been babbling, sitting up, rolling over and todays latest is pulling herself up to sitting in the cot.

I just can't get over the change in her and how well she's progressing now she's not in pain!! Its awesome!!!

Just wanted to share image

And on the subject of facebook..i'm just making a post on our dec 07 group - anyone with a few mins to spare to read it - i'd appreciate a bit of support

xx

Replies

• That's great news about your god daughter. Poor little thing having to go through that so young. I'll try get on the group now on fb but am at work so having to do it off my phone so will see if will let me x
  • I haven't finished the post yet! Its a bit of an essay! sorry!!
  • That sounds like an amazing difference in your g/d. Bet her mum is so pleased she's improved so much physically and isn't in pain anymore.

Will check FB after tea. The later if it's not finished by then lol.
  • Ok its finished. Its not exciting i'm afraid... but big hugs to anyone who makes it to the end!

And ali - her mum is overjoyed to see her coming on so quickly. its amazing the change in her
  • Hi Kia
    will pop over and read your post on FB in a minute. I'm so pleased for your goddaughter - thats fantastic news. What a difference. I like your profile picture by the way!
  • Fantastic news about your god daughter image Im just going to facebook but don't know if I'll have time to reply till tonight but hope your ok xxx
  • Brilliant news about your goddaughter - started a reply last night on fb but was called away - will have another go in a bit! xx
  • Hiya Kia, suz here! Read your dilemma yesterday. Havent got time to reply on fb tonight but will try over the wkend x
  • Thanks for looking at fb every one. I'm ok for the moment image

Goddaughter just continues to amaze us!! Yesterday she was sitting on her own properly! Its just over 3 weeks since the op and she's pooing regularly, rolling, sitting up, pulling herself up, babbling, paying attention way more, occupying herself instead of crying...allsorts. Its so so so lovely to see. Cole is paying more attention to her now she's not just a lump on the floor, he gave her a hug the other week, he;s taken her toys and all sorts. so cute
  • That's great! Bless Cole, moving in on the girls at such a tender age! lol
    Not been on FB today and friends are round tonight so will bob on tom x